10 years ago I lost 80lbs. I'd like to get rid of the loose upper arms. I'm conflicted on what is the best option for me. (photo

3 surgeons suggested a full brachioplasty. One (more conservative seeming, yet progressive) suggested Slim Lipo. His concern is that I will be unhappy with the scar & that my arms aren't so bad. The others weren't family with Slim Lipo. Ideally no one wants a scar, but I also don't want lose skin anymore. So my questions are: - Is Slim or Smart Lipo a good option for me? What percentage of skin will tightened up? - Would a mini brachioplasty (axilla or a short T scar) work? Thank you!

Arm skin laxity after weight loss

Hi and welcome to our forum.

The amount of skin and fat determines the best way to proceed. There does not appear to be excessive fat in the photos provided, but there is a significant amount of skin laxity. I would recommend a full brachioplasty. 

There is a significant scar after the procedure, but it is placed on the inner arm to lessen its appearance. Once healed, the scars are usually quite acceptable.

Best wishes!

Fort Lauderdale General Surgeon

Arm skin laxity after weight loss

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi and welcome to our forum.

Best wishes!

Fort Lauderdale General Surgeon

Brachioplasty best

Due to the degree of skin laxity it is my opinion that laser lipo will not be effective.  It works usually when you have persistent fat under the arms.  Your photos indicate primarily loose skin.  Even the laser energy with the laser lipo will not be adequate to tighten up your arms.

Brachioplasty best

I'd like to get rid of the loose upper arms.

Based on the information you have shared, you are a great candidate for arm lift surgery with liposuction.  Consult with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Loose upper arms after weight loss

Thank you for your question.  Based on the pictures you are a good candidate for arm lift surgery with lipo. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation.

Loose upper arms after weight loss

The Sagging Skin Conflict

It's hard to answer this without an evaluation. Circumferential liposuction requires a 4D approach and needs a specialist. The following might also work for you: ThermiRF, Exilis Ultra, Thermage. Thermi works by introducing radiofrequency energy under the skin to get long term tightening. I suggest consulting with an expert to see if this is a valuable option for you long term. Best, Dr. Emer

The Sagging Skin Conflict