Firmness and visible filler and puffy after two months?

juviderm on my up lip wrinkles about 2 months ago, everything went well and it settled nicely . Today I could see and feel the filler again and it looked puffy like I just had it done . what's going on ?

Late onset filler swelling

It is best to contact your provider to have the area assessed as this is a very rare occurrence with filler.  

Late onset filler swelling

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Puffiness 2 months after filler

I think you need to see your doctor to be evaluated. It is unusual for this to happen when it settled well  few months ago.

Puffiness 2 months after filler

Hello JP1964,
Based on your description of 2 months after your initial treatment you can now and see your filler again makes me think of a possible infection.  In the absence of weight loss, filler that wasn't visible once it settled should not become visible now.  I'd recommend you follow up with your injector to take a look and see if any treatment is needed.
I hope this helps and good luck.  

Hello JP1964,
I hope this helps and good luck.  

Puffiness two months after filler

Thank you for your question jp1964. Juvederm is a great treatment to volumize the lips. It typically settles completely and swelling resolves after two weeks. If there is a change two months later it may not be associated with the filler. For example I had a patient who developed a rash around her mouth in the areas where she received Juvederm a few months after the treatment. Later we realized that she had started a new medication that can cause rashes. Once that medication was stopped, the rash went away. Please consult with your doctor for specific reommendations. Good luck!

Puffiness two months after filler