Had a veneer replaced on tooth #7, cosmetic. This tooth never hurt. Dental assit placed crown, no numbing, never saw a doctor.

I was done in 20 min. It's been 7 days and I have heat/cold sensitivity, can't chew and the same pain as when the tooth was exposed. All the timeon #6 & #7. I was told to get a root canal. I looking at a broken tooth on #7 since it started when they placed the crown? Could the crown just need to be adjusted?

Crown may need adjustment ... #DrSarahThompson #STL

It's very well possible that the crown or the opposing tooth needs to be adjusted.  I would definitely ask the dentist for an adjustment first, then wait a couple weeks to make sure the pain completely subsides before going through with a root canal.  I hope this helps.  Click save under my name to ask me more questions in the future.