Will My Lower Poles Fill Out? (photos)

3 weeks since surgery! I've been massaging 2-3 times a day holding a specific motion for a minute and then moving on. One of my only concerns is the worry of my lower poles not filling out properly. I took pictures of them both from the side. I know I'm only 3 weeks out and they have more dropping and fluffing to do, but at 3 weeks does it at least look like the lower poles will fill out well enough judging by the looks? The left is worse than the right so far.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Will My Lower Poles Fill Out?

ONY 3 weeks! Best to allow 3 to 6 moths of healing with constant downward pressure using strapping option. Appears as a very good early rest. Quokkas to Dr Hartog

Lower pole fullness

Since you are only 3 weeks massage is good plus wearing a velcro bra strap above your upper poles to puish the implants lower if this is what you want.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Will My Lower Poles Fill Out After Breast Augmentation?

Although no one will replace your own plastic surgeon when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and meaningful reassurance, I think that you are doing well at this point. I also think that you have a good understanding when it comes to additional time being  "helpful" when it comes to breast implant movement. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.