6 Weeks Post-Op. What's going on? (photos)

I know that I'm VERY early on in my recovery, however this has been persistently happening since surgery and I'd love a second opinion because my doctor just keeps telling me it's too early to say, etc. and I get that, but there has to be something you can say about this. When I raise my arms as so I'm the picture it's more prominent, but you can see that my right (your right too) stays low and nice and round and implant just a hair below the crease incision, and not at all on the left side.

Seriously! LOOK at your before photos.... Your early result is fantastic....Kudos to Dr Jeffrey Hartog in this result for a very difficult before presentation of tuberous asymmetry wide set breasts!

6 Weeks Post-Op. What's going on?

I do see the difference in the 2 breasts.  However The nipple of the breast on the left side of your photo appears to be higher.  Please check your preoperative photos, and if one breast was higher and smaller that could explain the asymmetry that she is seen now.  It is early in recovery.  ask your doctor about breast implant displacement exercises to help the implants drop into place over the next 3 months.

6 Weeks Post-Op. What's going on?

You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. If the breast does not settle in time, adjustments can be made to the pocket.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The breasts may swell asymmetrically.  Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.