I would like to find a PS that will do an explant with no lift with only local anesthesia in Florida? (Photo)

I've had implants for about 12 yrs. For most of that time I've wanted them out. I hate the way I feel with them. Over past few years I've started having pain from them as well. I've just gotten to the place where I no longer want anything in my body. I want to have an explant with no lift. I also want this done with only local anesthesia. Is this possible?

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - explant with no lift with only local anesthesia

That may be possible, or it may be very difficult to accomplish.  In general, the implants most amenable to removal via this method are smooth, round saline implants that are either above the muscle or appear to be accessible in a relatively straight-forward manner (ie, there is not too much tissue in between the incision and the implant).You would of course need to be seen in person for a full evaluation.  There are many board-certified plastic surgeons near you.  I would suggest starting with the ASPS listings and plan to see a few different surgeons.Knowing what you'd be expected to look like after this procedure is an important part of what your discussions should be.I hope that this helps and good luck,Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

Removal under local

Certainly. Of course, you need to not be a "nervous Nellie" as there is awareness and maybe even some minimal discomfort/pressure. Having it done under local, you could even return home to Winter Haven that day if you wish.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Breast Implant Removal

It is absolutely possible. I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon and be very clear with your wishes. The physician should be respectful of your desires and if they try to upsell you into a lift or different implants, find another surgeon. Best wishes.

Impalnt removal

An implant that does not require the capsule to be removed could possibly be removed under local, although you probably would be more comfortable under sedation.

I would like to find a PS that will do an explant with no lift with only local anesthesia in Florida?

Although rare, certain patients desire to have their implants removed. I do not remove implants under local. I prefer General Anesthesia in order to insure the adequate management of all of the possibilities that may be encountered during the explantation process. The only way to insure in my opinion, the safe and complete treatment of explantation is under General Anesthesia. Keep shopping, I'm sure you will find someone to do it. Good Luck!

Explantation

Pain is usually problems (infection) within the scar capsule.  In my experience with over two thousand explantation, total capsulectomy along with antibiotics and antifungals are needed to resolve this issue.

Susan Kolb, MD

Explant with no lift with only local anesthesia in Florida?

I am sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Generally speaking, removal of breast implants (assuming no additional work is necessary on the breast implant capsules or skin) is well tolerated by most patients (under local for the appropriately selected patient). 
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.  Best wishes.

Explant under local

Explantation can easily be performed under local anesthesia (with or without pills for relaxation) except for the case of ruptured silicone implants.  We have done this many times and can provide references.  Most women that have explant find there breast looks BETTER than they had imagined they would look!

Removal

Saline implants with minimal capsules can be removed in the office under local anesthesia. However, thick capsules, old gel implants, and perhaps some ruptured new gel implants will require more than just local anesthesia. During your consultation, please discuss all your concerns with your surgeon. After you are examined, your surgeon will discuss which way will be safest.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon