I was a failure with reconstruction and want to go completely flat. (Photo)

I've been in chronic pain since day one of masectomy 7-28-15. . The left side gave me such pain and doctors couldn't find anything wrong. The extenders removed on 3-1-16 and still the same pain on left side. The fold on left is annoying me continually and there is hygiene issues with the folds. It's so tight on left I can't stand it. Range of motion on left limited. I had a radio frequency ablation on 11-18 -16 and hope to finally become pain free. Can I find doctor to make me flat?

Breast reconstruction

Yes.  If you have failed breast reconstruction and seek to not move forward with reconstruction any further I would recommend a mastopexy .  This would involve removing skin that is hanging to tighten and flatten your breasts.  That would be an option.  Another is to move forward with reconstruction.  Options include using a muscle flap from your back or tummy or consider fat grafting.  I would tend to want to do the back muscle with an implant.   Just a thought.  Best to talk to a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck .

Going flat

There are patients like yourself who have failed breast reconstruction for whatever reason and want to go flat.  You can definitely find a PS who can remove the excess tissue for you.  Best wishes!

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon