Would lipo or tummy tuck be best for me? I've had 2 big babies, both delivered by c-section (Photo)

For the best results liposuction or tummy tuck. This photo I am 178 pounds @ 5'2.

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

Based on your photos I would advise a tummy tuck for you.  It will not only remove some excess skin, it will tighten your abdominal wall to establish a firmer contour.  Liposuction will remove excess fat, but does not address the looseness of skin, nor the abdominal wall laxity.  There is much to learn about a tummy tuck and a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can give you the information you need to make an informed decision.  Good luck!

Tummy tuck

Liposuction removes fat, but tummy tuck has the advantage of abdominal wall tightening with skin removal, which is what most mothers will need for a great result. You could achieve a much more flat tummy with a tummy tuck. Thank you for your post.

Lipo or tummy tuck

You would be best served with a tummy tuck which would remove the excess skin and tighten the abdominal wall.  Liposuction alone will not do this.  Good luck.  Donald R Nunn MD. Atlanta Plastic Sur

Donald Nunn, MD

Lipo or Tummy Tuck?

Thank you so much for sharing your photos and congratulations on your 2 children. In looking at your photos and based on your short health history you provided, a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) would be the best option for you to achieve the flattest tummy possible. Whether you ultimately decide on liposuction or a tummy tuck, I strongly advise that you meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon, preferably one who is a member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons). I've treated many moms who have had C-sections and we have many happy tummy tuck patients.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck?

In looking at your photos, you would definitely benefit from a full tummy tuck.  A tummy tuck is designed to remove both excess skin and fat while liposuction is designed for more localized pockets of fat deposits.  Many of my patients who have had children choose to have a tummy tuck.  During the surgery, not only do I remove skin and fat, but I also tighten the abdominal muscles which usually separate during pregnancy - especially two big babies.  I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and talking with him or her about your options.

Best result

To get the best result you should consider a full tummy tuck. You appear to have fairly significant muscle wall laxity from you pregnancies and this will not be corrected with liposuction alone.
Good luck and make sure you consult with a plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Sam M. Sukkar, MD

Abdominoplasty  will flatten your abdomen, but liposuction will not. I think a tummy tuck is the best option, but suctioning the hip area at the same time is an option.

Greg Sexton, M.D.
Columbia, S.C.

Tummy Tuck your best Option

Hi, thanks so much for posting your pictures and for your inquiry, I would suggest a full tummy tuck with liposuction. A tummy tuck will address the loose skin and will also repair your abdominal muscle wall making your tummy look flatter. The liposuction will help reduce the size of your waist, flanks and lower back, giving you a better outcome. Please have an in person consultation so you can discuss thoroughly all your concerns, expectations and options. Good luck in your PS Journey!

Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

TT or lipo

Based on the pictures submitted, you appear to be a better candidate for a tummy tuck than liposuction. You should find a board certified plastic surgeon near you to arrange a consultation. That will allow the surgeon to examine you and discuss options for treatment. If they believe a tummy tuck is the appropriate procedure, they will describe it to you in detail so that you may make an informed decision about proceeding with surgery. Good luck!

Best procedure

It depends on your expectations, budget and a thorough discussion of your options.  A tummy tuck requires general anesthesia and is usually more expensive.  It appears your muscles are lax and skin quite loose so liposuction alone will remove fat but do little to tighten muscles and skin.  If you want a flat flat tummy than a tummy tuck.  If you would never consider general anesthesia and cost a concern, lipo under local can help somewhat but you have to have realistic expectations.  Good luck!

Michael A. Giuffrida, MD
Venice Plastic Surgeon