I am 56 yo with some level of ptosis. I want a breast augmentation, preferably without any lift! (photo)

HOLDING OUT FOR HOPE IN W-S, NC I would like some upper pole fullness, but for my breasts to hang lower than many would not bother me as I believe it would look more natural on me at my age. I don't want huge breasts, just some fullness without a lift. Could I possibly be a candidate? IS THERE ANY HOPE? Don't want the scars and recovery time associated with a lift. Losing my extra weight and toning and strengthening my body as we speak. They didn't sag much until I became less active in construction a few yrs ago. Thank You.

Breast Lift?

Breast augmentation alone may not address the sagging and can, in fact, make this problem worse. Fortunately, you may be a candidate to undergo a breast lift and augmentation in a single surgery to get the perkier, larger breasts you want. There are silicone products available which can assist in improving the appearance of scars.

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what your options would be.

Take care.

Implants no lift

Hello, some people with lower nipples and sagging would still rather not have a lift.  If they are aware of the limitations of surgery and have realistic expectations of the outcome, implants alone are a consideration.  If you seek several consultations with experienced breast plastic surgeons you will get a better sense of the potential results.

Breast augmentation and lift

Hi.  Based on your pictures, I would recommend both a breast lift and augmentation (breast augmentation mastopexy).  Without performing the breast lift portion, you will basically have the implant in good position and the breast itself hanging off the implant.  This will actually give you a more unnatural appearance.  A breast augmentation with a lift can be done in a way to still give you a natural result with scars that are acceptable to most women.  I would recommend consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon with good experience in this area.  I would be happy to meet with you in consultation and go over options for you specifically.
Good luck and take care,
Dr. Howell

Lift or not?

Hi.  Judging from your photos, even with your arms up, there is some significant ptosis of the breast.  An implant alone would give you a bigger breast, but still a droopy shape.  I would recommend the combination of lift + implants for your, quite honestly, even though there would be some incisions.

Breast lift

Thank you for your question. To meet with your expectations for outcome a lift would be the most appropriate plan with or without implants. Your arms at your sides will give you the full magnitude of your breast ptosis and your surgeon will struggle without a lift to give you an acceptable result. An implant will allow for more effective volume replacement of the  upper pole in conjunction with the lift, however the option to lift only your tissue is always possible assuming your desired size can be met with your breast tissue alone Best of luck!

Bruce Landon, MD

Breast Augmentation Without A Lift

Hello and thank you for your question.  Based on the photographs you have submitted, placing an implant alone will NOT lift your breasts.  Your nipple position will still be low and the breasts will still have some ptosis (drooping).  A breast lift will certainly lift your breasts to a desirable position.  However, as you outlined in your initial question, a breast lift will require more incisions and thus resulting in more scarring.  I would suggest seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a thorough examination and evaluation.  Best of luck to you!   

Jon Paul Trevisani, MD, FACS
Maitland Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift vs Implants

What has happened to your breasts is very natural. Due to weight loss or pregnancy many women's breasts will deflate over time. The solution is either to fill up the excess skin that you do have with an implant, tighten the skin with a lift, or some combination of the two. An augmentation with an implant will result in less scarring but your breasts will still be lower on your chest. The lift is appealing to some women because it is more natural and does not require an implant, but there is much more scarring involved. A board-certified plastic surgeon with experience in cosmetic breast enhancement should be able to help you determine what will give you the results you're looking for.

Needing a #BreastLift or #Augmentation ?

From your photos, you need a lift and the implant will eventually fall into your excess skin leaving you with larger, drooping breasts. Additional weight will not lift your tissues. There is limited excess recovery with a lift - but there is real recovery with doing a second procedure to correct the errors of the first. Not to mention costs. As you continue to lose weight this will likely worsen like a deflated balloon. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast

In my opinion an implant alone will not give you what you are looking for. Most importantly, your nipple position will not improve. It will most probably end up looking down if you do not get a lift. A very large implant might help fill out your breasts but a very large implant will also be too heavy and will weigh down your breast making them sag very quickly.
The recovery time is basically that same and pain is minimal for both procedures. Scars heal well and all but disappear with time.
I would definitely recommend a BL with Implants. I would go with a moderate size implant and if you don't want them too perky then I we would not tighten the skin envelope as much. But a repositioning of the areola-nipple complex is necessary in order to achieve an aesthetic and lasting result.
Hope this helps.
Best of luck on your decision,
Dr. Miguel Mota

Miguel Mota, MD

Augmentation without lift

You will have a much prettier post op result with a combination of breastlift  and augmentation.   Make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Best of Luck

Ivor B. Kaplan, MD
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon