What can I do to change my profile? (Photo)

I hate my side profile and always have. it looks odd because my face and neck look fatter than the rest of my body because I'm just naturally very skinny. I like how I look from the front but...

Improving My Profile

A chin implant possibly with liposuction under your chin and along your jawline would improve your profile by increasing chin projection and jaw definition.

Dear raekee, A small chin implant may better balance your profile and give you the desired look you want. Digital imaging during consultation can show you the changes a chin augmentation will add to your profile and then you can determine if you like the way it looks. For examples see of chin augmentation before and afters see the link below and the imaging video above shows a patient who has undergone both rhinoplasty and chin augmentation however you can see how the imaging process works. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

What can I do to change my profile?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

UAL cervical facial

Please seek an in person consultation, you may be a candidate for simple liposuction of the area. Liposuction of the cervical facial area is usually done in one hour under local IV sedation. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #cervicalfacial

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Profile/small chin

Hello! You have a very small chin which causes imbalance to your profile. If your bite is good and you are not undergoing oral surgery, I would recommend considering a chin implant. Find an experienced facial plastic surgeon who can morph your photos and show you what an expected result can do to your profile- you might be amazed. good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella, CoolMini

You are a great candidate for chin implant however certain fillers such as Radiesse, Voulma, and Perlane give great lift and last a significant amount of time to give structure and shape in this area without an implant.  Also vaser liposuction with thermi to neck can help contour jawline too.  I suggest seeking someone who is experienced in this type of injections.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Profile change

You actually have a nice profile. If anything, perhaps a very modest sized chin implant may provide some balance to your nose and jawline. 

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a chin implant.  This can balance your lower face.  I recommend a medpor implant with screw fixation.  Silicone chin implants tend to undergo malrotation over time. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

raekee, remember we tend to be our own worst enemies when it comes to our appearance. I would have to evaluate you in 3D to give you anymore useful advice. Make an appointment to see an experieced surgeon that does "only faces" and has great photos. Search the Internet. It is possible a simple chin implant may make you feel better. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon