Am I a person who could get reconstruction on my lower gum and get mini implants?

i have full dentures but can't wear my lowers because of bone loss and I was told no when I ask about mini implants and reconstruction surgery.i am 70 and on SS and medicare.my health is getting bad because I can no longer eat the food I need to and was wondering if this could be a medical reason for getting this done

Mini dental implants

There is no age limitation for dental implant treatment. Mini dental implant placement is a minimal surgical procedure that can be done in one visit. However, you still need some bone to hold the mini implants. Your health should also allow local anesthetic and minor surgery. 

Adequate bone for implants

you need to have adequate bone for implants 
you have already been told no for mini implants which are the thinnest on the market 

Best way to know if you have enough height and width of  bone is to have a CT scan of the area

depending on how much bone is missing, bone could be regenerated.   Also look into all on 4 option. Cases with limited amount of bone have been documented using all on 4 technique 

Good luck 

Elly Tehrani, DMD, MSD
Toronto Periodontist

Denture

best option for u is mini implant supported denture. only 2 implants in lower jaw holds denture.  u can go for implant surgery at any age. so age is not an issue. there is no relation between jaw bone loss and food.

Nirav Patel, MDS, PhD
India Dentist