Will Rhinoplasty benefit me? (photos)

In my opinion my nose is much larger proportioned then other facial features. It's always been very embarrassing. I refuse to take pictures at certain angles. My nose bridge is too wide and the tip goes to far out. I can however completely flatten my nose there is not much cartiledge? I would like a thinner bridge with more definition and a more defined flat tip if possible ( Margo Robbie ) her nose would be ideal!! I would do anything for a more feminine nose!

Will Rhinoplasty benefit me?

Thank you for your question. Even the slightest change to the nose can greatly affect one’s overall facial appearance, improve their look, and boost self-confidence.  The goal of Rhinoplasty is to create a natural-appearing nose that enhances your facial proportions.. With this operation it is ver imporant to work with a plastic surgeon with specialized rhinoplasty experience and training.  This intimate knowledge of the nose and the various modifications possible are critical to achieve a natural appearance while balancing out other facial features. The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Rhinoplasty

You have ideal features for a good result from a talented surgeon.However, a straight nose is not the easiest. Make sure you do your homework and find the best surgeon you can.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Yes, Rhinoplasty Will Help!

You definitely would benefit from a rhinoplasty. One question is whether you also have any nasal obstruction as that could be addressed at the time of the rhinoplasty with septoplasty and potentially speaker grafts. You would benefit from de-projection of you tip, osteotomies to narrow the bony dorsum. Your tip can be refined with tip suturing and you might benefit from a conservative soft tissue resection. You might also benefit from repositioning of your lower lateral cartilages after a cephalic trim. Good luck with your surgery!

Kahlil Andrews, MD
Cedar Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Yes, it is possible to better balance your nose so that it appears to be more refined and feminine. Best of luck.

Will Rhinoplasty Benefit Me?

I agree with your evaluation of your nose. The entire nose can be narrowed and the tip refined. I would also decrease your tip projection. You have a normal amount of cartilage but you can flatten your nose because your cartilage is very soft. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will compensate for that during surgery. All of this will provide a nose that is proportional to your surrounding facial features.

All you need is rhinoplasty

All these features of your nose, as described by you can be vastly improved with rhinoplasty.  You just need to make up your mind, find a surgeon and get it fixed. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Best Rhinoplasty Results

Hi Ashlee17,You do not have to "do anything for a more feminine nose!"  All that you need to do is to choose an expert rhinoplasty surgeon.  In the hands of a surgeon with artistic vision, the experience, skill, and knowledge, you can have a beautifully natural nose that harmonizes with your other beautiful facial features.  The main focus of your face should be your eyes.  The reason that you do not like to take photos at certain angles is because as you have said, your nose is proportionally larger than your other facial features and draws attention away from your eyes.  Make sure to choose your expert rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully!  Good luck and be well.Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Benefits of Rhinoplasty

Your assessment of your nose is very realistic.  Your only problem is your thick skin which will not give you the definition you are after.  However a well executed rhinoplasty despite your thick skin will result is a nose that sits better in your face and is more in proportion with your other facial features.  Refining the tip, narrowing the nasal bony vault and de projecting the nose can have profound effect in your appearance.  Look for an experience facial plastic surgeon who specialises in rhinoplasty in your area.   Hope this is helpful

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making those smaller by making all of the incisions on the inside of the nose.  The bridge of the nose can be made narrower with osteotomies.  The Tip can be madewer more narrow with suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal.  This will also allow more definition in the tip of the nose. For more information and many rhinoplasty before and after results, please see the video and the link below