Would I qualify for a tummy tuck or would it be a waste for me? (photos)

I have very little skin however there is some wrinkling above my belly button I'd like removed. Would this be possible with a tummy tuck or would I just end up with a huge vertical and horizontal scar? Is there a surgery done through the belly button to tighten skin? What else do you recommend?

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Full Tummy tuck candidate

Hi, 

Thank you for your question and helpful photos. I believe you are an ideal candidate for a full TT procedure. The excess skin you have above your belly button will drape nicely down to your pubis without needing a vertical component. No worries! Go forward with a traditional full TT. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

there are different types of tummy tucks which one is right for me and how are they different from the other? There is a mini tummy tuck, tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Would I qualify for a tummy tuck or would it be a waste for me?

A short scar tummy tuck would give you an excellent result.

TT

Thank you for your question. Based on the picture you have loose skin and laxity of muscles. Both issues can be addressed well with full Tummy Tuck.

Tummy tuck

You would have to be seen in person to be properly examined.  Find a good surgeon in your area.  Best of luck.

Abdominoplasty

Your pictures show an ideal candidate for a fabulous tummy tuck that addresses skin, muscle, and fat. Horizontal incision only (no vertical), outpatient surgery. 

Tummy tuck candidate

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photos. You are a great candidate for full tummy tuck with muscle repair, that will change your shape radically. It is the best way for you to get rid of that loose skin and make the muscle wall firm. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Tummy Tuck Surgery

Yes, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  Your appear to be of ideal body weight.  A tummy take will remove all the excess skin of your abdomen, and tighten and flatten your belly by repairing your abdominal muscles.  You should expect an excellent outcome, with excellent re-shaping of your abdomen and flanks.

Steven H. Wiener, MD

Tummy Tuck

A tummy tuck would relieve you of the excess skin and also add a nice contour to your abdomin.

Arthur Shektman, MD
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon