Is liposculpture a separate procedure from a Brazilian butt lift?

Can you get liposculpture done without getting a bbl? Or is liposculpture the correct term for liposuction done for the bbl?

Liposculpture Is Part of BBL- But Done Elsewhere Too

Liposculpture – the removal of fat to sculpt the body's shape – may be performed as part of a Brazilian Butt Lift, but they are not the same thing. You can have liposculpture performed on other parts of your body, such as the abdomen. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out if you are a candidate for liposculpture.

San Diego Dermatologist

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can get both separately. I suggest you consider SculpSure as well because it is a non-surgical in-office 25-minute treatment with little to no recovery time that can eliminate up to 25% of that stubborn and unwanted subcutaneous fat in your abdomen and flank region. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs. liposcultupre

Hello dear, thanks for your question.

The difference between these two techniques may depend on who you ask. In our practice, liposuction is the technique that we perform when we want to remove a significant volume of fat. Liposculpture is the technique that we use when we want to remove less fat but want to shape the remaining fat so that it mirrors the underlying muscles. Liposculpture will create a toned and more athletic appearance rather than just the bulk of the area of volume.

Liposuction is, in fact, a critical component of the Brazilian Butt Lift technique, in which fat is removed from areas where it is not complementary to the patient's figure, and grafted into the buttock area for an improved shape.

Best wishes :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Different terminologies, no single "dictionary" answer

Liposculpture is another term used for liposuction, and that term emphasizes the artistic nature innate to all liposuction.

generally to do BBL, you will need liposuction or liposculpture.

In my practice, I use the term liposculpture when I am treating already thin regions where I expect to get less than 200 cc of fat or so, to emphasize to patient that it is not about fat reduction but about reshaping.

I use the term liposuction to denote areas that are being thinned out with larger volumes expected to be removed.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. Liposuction is a surgical procedure done by a board certified plastic surgeon that improves the body's contour by removing excess fat from deposits located between the skin and muscle (stomack, back, flanks, thighs, etc). Liposuction involves the use of a small stainless steel tube, called a cannula. The cannula is connected to a powerful suction pump and inserted into the fat through small incisions in the skin. Fat removal is accomplished as the suction cannula creates tiny tunnels through the fatty layers. After surgery, these tiny tunnels collapse and thus result in an improved body contour. The fat that is removed can be transfered to the buttocks, this procedure is known as Brazilian butt lift, and you can get liposuction without getting BBL (this would be an optional procedure). Good luck.

Carlos Recio, MD
Cali Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture

Thank you for your question.  Liposculpture is the name that has been given to the liposuction procedure.  You are "sculpting" the body by removing fat.  The fat that is removed can sometimes be transferred to the buttocks in a procedure known as the Brazilian butt lift.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Yes, liposculpture, also known as liposuction, can be performed as a stand alone procedure. Those who have localized areas of fat in the abdomen, flanks or thighs often opt for liposuction.  For some people, there are localized areas of fat in some areas of the body, but they wish to enhance their buttocks. In this case, fat is harvested from the areas where there are sufficient fat cells to be transferred; they are then separated and injected into the buttocks. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in liposuction and BBL if you decide to have either of these procedures.  Your results will be highly dependent upon on the experience of your plastic surgeon.  Good luck to you.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Liposculpture vs. BBL

The brazilian butt lift includes liposuction or liposculpture of areas like the abdomen, flanks, back, and thighs. It also includes fat transfer to the buttocks and hips. But surely, you can have liposuction without the fat transfer, depending on what your aesthetic goals are. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Moises Salama, MD

Liposculpture with or without Brazilian butt lift

Liposculpture and BBL can be done together or liposculpture can be done on its own. For Brazilian butt lift, fat has to be harvested (removed) from one part of the body and transferred (inserted) into abother part of the body (in this case - buttocks).
Both of these procedure are advanced techniques and only qualified doctors should perform them.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction, liposculpture and BBL

Liposuction predates BBL by many years, and it is a procedure intented to remove localised fat deposits. Liposculpture was originally the term used for superficial liposuction performed with small cannulas, but it is now synonymous with liposuction. BBL only uses liposuction as a method of harvesting the fat that will be used to create fuller buttocks. Of course, if your buttocks are fine, you can still have liposuction only, if your goal is to remove localised fat deposits. The fat would be discarded at the end of of the procedure and not injected.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon