Implants? Lift? Or both? (Photos)

I hate the scaring of the lift but non the less still open to it. I am a DDD and want to maintain the natural feel with more fullness. I am 36 already needing a tummy tuck as well. As well I am drawn to the tear drop implant but not sure if that's my best option. Thank you

Breast reduction

Hello Colleen50881. Your breasts are huge and as expected dropped. For my opinion you don't need an implant at all. All you need is a well executed reduction mammaplasty. For your breasts some kind of lifting (upper replacement of areola) will always should be done. Removing of excess breast can be arranged for your desire and the final result will be much better than an implant surgery. However even you ask to preserve the whole breast tissue it is not possible to perform a successful lift without removing some breast tissue from the bottom. I hope you will decide the right procedure. Regards.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

From your photos, you seem to have a fair amount of breast tissue already. You should be able to get a very nice result with just a breast lift. If you'd like to increase your breast size you could do so easily at the same time with an implant. Be sure to express your goals and expectations with your chosen surgeon. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #breastlift

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

At least a lift, if not both!

Because you have grade 4 ptosis (degree of "sagginess' where the nipple/areola are below her inframammy fold, you definitely need a lift. More fullness can be achieved with both an implant or with fat transfer to your breasts. Without a lift, only placing an implant will give her a breast that looks weird with fullness at the top and breast tissue that hangs off of the implant (called a waterfall deformity or a “Snoopy” deformity). The only way to change the shape of the breast is to put incisions on the breast, but these incisions fade with time. I would suggest doing a lift first, giving your incisions a chance to heal, and then reassessing after the lift to determine if you would still desire a larger breast and placing an implant at a later date, if necessary. Hope that advice helps & good luck!

Kahlil Andrews, MD
Cedar Rapids Plastic Surgeon