I got a tattoo a week ago and i instantly regret it. What are my chances with picosure and excision?

This tattoo is a coverup of my last name on my wrist , i goes around my arm slightly. How many treatments of picosure do i need, and if i wanted to do excision could it be done in 1 straight line? And are there any that do this in winnipeg? Please help!

Tattoo removal

Thanks for your question and photo. Being that you only got your tattoo a week ago, you must allow time for it to heal; up to six months. You should consider PicoSure versus an excision. PicoSure’s laser technology cause it to deliver laser energy into your desired area(s) at a much higher rate than previous lasers. As a result, the PicoSure laser is much more effective and works quicker than other laser skin treatments. Hope this helps! Best, Dr. Katz

This tattoo can be removed with Picosecond or Q-Swtiched Lasers

It appears that most of the ink is black.  A 1064 picosecond or nanosecond (Q-swtiched) laser works very well on black ink.  It appears that there may be some pink in the tattoo.  That will probably respond best to a 532 nm green picosecond or nanosecond lasers. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon