I got a tattoo a week ago and i instantly regret it. What are my chances with picosure and excision?

This tattoo is a coverup of my last name on my wrist , i goes around my arm slightly. How many treatments of picosure do i need, and if i wanted to do excision could it be done in 1 straight line? And are there any that do this in winnipeg? Please help!

Picosure tattoo removal

I would advise you to wait for around 6 months for your tattoo to completely heal and settle. Then you should research providers in your area and choose ones that use latest technology such as Picosure and have experience with laser tattoo removal. Picosure requires fewer treatments and removes red and green inks easily, which were problematic to remove in the past. For best results I would advise you to use PiQo4 since it has 1064 wavelength that works the best for black ink. Your tattoo can be removed in as few as 6 treatments. The advantage of Pico lasers is that they remove ink in fewer number of treatments. Good luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Tattoo removal

Thanks for your question and photo. Being that you only got your tattoo a week ago, you must allow time for it to heal; up to six months. You should consider PicoSure versus an excision. PicoSure’s laser technology cause it to deliver laser energy into your desired area(s) at a much higher rate than previous lasers. As a result, the PicoSure laser is much more effective and works quicker than other laser skin treatments. Hope this helps! Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

This tattoo can be removed with Picosecond or Q-Swtiched Lasers

It appears that most of the ink is black.  A 1064 picosecond or nanosecond (Q-swtiched) laser works very well on black ink.  It appears that there may be some pink in the tattoo.  That will probably respond best to a 532 nm green picosecond or nanosecond lasers. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon