I had a breast implants and augmentation 3 days ago, extreme burning on side of breast normal?

I had breast augmentation and implants 3 days ago, and I expected to be sore a while after, but I have a consistent extreme burning sensation on only one side, with every little move/breath I take. Is that part of the healing process?

3 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Breast augmentation 3 days ago. Extreme burning on side of breast normal?

Thank you for your question. Discomfort of different intensity is not unusual at all in the first few days after surgery. However this is also the most likely time to experience immediate complications. The best way to assess if what you are experiencing is normal or not, would be to contact your surgeon or his/her practice. As the previous colleague correctly said, online consultants will not be able to assist you any further than this.

All the best.

Andrea Marando

Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon

Manchester, UK

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

I'm sorry to hear about the pain you are experiencing. You will find the online consultants will not be able provide you with meaningfully  reassurance. Although some discomfort is certainly to be expected, "extreme burning" may require in person evaluation to rule out complications. Best wishes.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon