Would I have good results with a tummy tuck? (photos)

When I stand I don't have much extra skin so I'm not sure a tummy tuck could work. I've had 3 children who all weighed close to 9 lbs. I am 110 lbs and 5, 2" and would like to have a belly button again. Would a tummy tuck leave me with a big vertical scar?

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with Vaser Hi definition liposculpture to your hips and back.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Would I have good results with a tummy tuck?

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Based on your history and photographs you appear to be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery.  Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.   You may find the attached link and video, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Beautiful candidate for a Tummy Tuck

Based on your photos you  do have skin enough to have a precious result after a Full Tummy Tuck and if for a reason need a vertical will be a very small one (one inch) , right on top of the TT incision. 

The muscle repair will be recommended to achieve a flat abdomen and mainly a small and tapered waist. 

I will also recommend some Lipo to lovehandles just to add some curves to the lower back. 

Be encouraged 

Dr. Cardenas 

Candidate for Tummy Tuck, Potential Results

Tummy Tuck (abdominoplasty) is a plastic surgery procedure designed to flatten the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat, and to tighten the abdominal wall.

Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Many patients complain that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise, which also means a tummy tuck may be right for them.

Abdominoplasty candidates have:

·         excess abdominal skin which may sag

·         a disproportionate or protruding abdomen

·         weakened or separated abdominal muscles

·         excess fat concentrated in the abdomen

Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy. Older patients may be candidates for a tummy tuck due to reduced skin elasticity, family traits, age, immobility.

It is hard to determine what your final results will be, but that can all be estimated in a consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon. There are plenty of options for the procedure and a combination of procedures that could help reach the results that you desire, so it would be a good idea to take all of your questions and details of your desired results into your consultation. Good luck.

Candidate for Tummy Tuck

You appear to be an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty although it would take a direct examination to tell for sure. If this proves true, because you are an ideal weight and have minimal excess fat elsewhere you should get an outstanding result.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.   Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on the photos, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with a low horizontal incision at the pubic bone level. Although your photos are of limited view, you would benefit from liposuction of your waist, hips and abdomen at the same time to give you an hourglass figure. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

Hello dear, thanks for your pictures and provided information as well. 

I think you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction, I think you can have an amazing result. I recommend you to make an appointment with a board plastic surgeon for an evaluation and to talk about youro goals. 

Good luck

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Based on your photos but without an examination, you appear to be a good candidate for a  full tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas. It is difficult to tell whether you are a good candidate without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children.

If a member of my family underwent these procedures, they would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon