Will alloderm add any size in my breasts and can it be used to "manipulate" the breast to look bigger/equal to the other?

I have had 4 surgeries on my left breast in a very short period of time so am now forced to downsize my implant from 400-350 because of my weak skin/incision and am also getting alloderm. I would like to leave the right if i can but am wondering if there will be too much of a noticeable difference going down 50 on only one or if the alloderm can help with making it even? I am sad to be going smaller but don't want to be uneven. High profile under the muscle, & I am 5'2 and just over 100 lbs.

Bigger is not always better.

Hello bgurl and thank you for your question. Alloderm provides additional support to your own tissues, but does not add noticeable size to the breast. That said, all women naturally have some asymmetry of their breasts and although a 50cc difference is likely to be noticeable, it may not be depending on the situation. Finally, the heavier the implant, the more stress it places on your skin in the long run. So, if you have a 'weak skin/incision', downsizing your implant is probably a safe choice because it is likely to give you a better result for a longer period of time. Bigger is not always better. I hope this helps.

Palm Desert Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery

Sorry to hear you had had so many surgeries.  One thing to consider which I frequently do with my patients is remove the implants and replace them in 4-8 weeks.  This often simplifies the whole process and is like starting fresh again in many cases.  I know it sounds drastic but it works well in my hands.  Best of luck.  

Hello and thank you for your question. I alloderm l will not add a significant amount of volume to your breast. It can be used to support the implant if that support is needed. Best wishes Theodore T Nyame M.D. 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Alloderm adds very little to the volume of the breast.  It can help control the pocket, shape the breast, cover areas to lessen visible ripling and help with the overall stability of the implant.  I'm not sure how much this 50 cc difference will make in your situation, but your plastic surgeon should be able to give you a better idea.