6 months post Rhinoplasty, tip is still big and hard?

I got rhinoplasty in april to fix a wide nose and bulbous tip my nose isnt as wide but it looks strange because the tip is still large and infact hard. Do i need a revision or is there still time for change

Hard Nasal Tip Post Rhinoplasty

Even though you are 6 months post op, it may take a year for the swelling to completely go down. However, it should continue to soften with time. It's impossible to say exactly what's going on in your case without an in person exam so I would suggest that you schedule an appointment with your surgeon. Steroid injections may help. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip Swelling

It is not unusual to experience swelling for several months after Rhinoplasty surgery.  Expect your nose will continue to soften and become more refined as the year progresses.  Follow up with your surgeon to discuss your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Revision, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns about your Rhinoplasty with us.

Congratulations for having patience and wait six months PO, which is the recommended time allowed to make judgments of value and be precise and accurate.

After having analyzed all the info and photos provided to us, i recommend to perform a Secondary Rhinoplasty (not a tip revision) this means (basically) treat the nasal bones and the nasal cartilages.
Therefore i would perform a narrowing of the nasal base (nose osteotomy) and alar and triangular cartilage shaping.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal tip swelling

It is likely that you have thick nasal tip skin, as this is common after rhinoplasty.  Your nose will continue to soften and become more refined as the year progresses.  Ask your surgeon about dilute steroid injections to see if you are a candidate.