Is my nose too long? (Photo)

I hate my nose because it looks way too long for my face and it kinda lowers my self-esteem. Is it long? I get bugged about it a lot

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty for a long nose

A full set of facial photographs   are required  to determine being a candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure because the nose is a three-dimensional structure, and very difficult to make a decision based on a 1-dimensional photograph. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bridge, narrowing the tip, and shortening the long nose. For more  many examples and more information, please see  the link and the video below

Is My Nose Too Long?

It is difficult to judge the length of your nose with just one picture; a profile view would be helpful. Consult with an experienced surgeon for a complete nasal evaluation and a discussion of your goals so you can make an educated decision about possibly changing the length your nose.

IS MY NOSE TO LONG?

Dear AlexSpence, Determining if you want to have rhinoplasty is a personal choice and should not be based on what other peoples judgements are. You are a lovely young lady with or without a rhinoplasty. If you do decide that you want to learn more about rhinoplasty surgery then I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery. During this time you can have digital imaging performed which will show you realistic proposed results that are based on your concerns and your facial and nasal anatomy. Once this is done you can review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure that he/she performs natural looking rhinoplasty procedures. Once these steps are done you can make an informed decision whether surgery is for you. The video above gives you an example of the imaging portion of a consultation and the link below is examples of before and after rhinoplasty results. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Is my nose too long?

No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (ENT) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California  

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

As an artist I like using the the reshaping technique when performing Rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the nasal cartilages giving you a thinner , more refined natural looking nose.
I like to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. I then examine the nose and I write up a detailed operative plan.
I incorporate the FINNESSE technigue which I invented.Bleeding ,bruising and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional techniques and recovery is quicker. I don't routinely pack the nose . It's not uncommon that some patients have no bruising after surgery. I hope you find this information useful.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Rhinoplasty and Facial Harmony

Your nose is not too long for your face and furthermore a short, upturned, button nose would look ridiculous for your attractive facial features. Ignore those who wish to bring you down with inappropriate comments about your appearance and try to stay positive. 
If your nose truly bothers you, consider a rhinoplasty consultation to discuss your concerns with an expert. Computer studies and facial analysis may help to demonstrate that your overall length is fine. If you wish to consider rhinoplasty for natural, softer and subtle refinement, then choose a physician with whom you can feel comfortable in discussing your concerns. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon