Normal swelling? (Photo)

I am 8 months out of a full tummy tuck. My surgeon keeps telling that swelling is normal and takes a year to fully go away. I don't feel like this is normal at all. Did my surgeon screw up or is this really normal at this stage?

7 Months Post op

Yes, it can take up to a year sometimes for all residual swelling to resolve, however it is possible to gain fat in the abdominal area post op due to slight calorie increase. You may want to consider additional liposuction if this has not resolved by 1 year or improve contours with diet and exercise.

All the best

Normal tummy tuck results?

Without seeing before photos or better yet seeing you in person, it is impossible to say if your results are normal. My best advise would be for you to get a second in person opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Kindly, 

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

It is difficult to comment without seeing more photos of pre and post or better yet seeing you in person to determine what you are concerned about.

Normal swelling?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be taking place.  Most commonly this is residual swelling from surgery which will spontaneously resolve but it would be important to voice your concerns to your surgeon to ensure that other issues are not taking place - discrete fluid collection, muscle laxity, or residual adipose tissue. 

Normal swelling?

Without seeing how things looked before your TT, it is hard to comment on the result. Ask you surgeon if a touch-up procedure is possible or consider a second opinion. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Swelling after tummy tuck?

Thank you for your photo and post.  It's hard to tell if you are just swollen or if there is another problem (such as a chronic seroma or bulging of your abdominal muscles).  Either way, I would say that this is not a typical result for being 8 months post-op.  You may want to seek out a second opinion in person.