I don't like that my nose droops especially when I smile, would a Rhinoplasty tip lift correct that? (photos)

Dear nasserl, Yes rhinoplasty surgery would address refining the tip as well as correcting the drooping of the tip both when smiling and not smiling. You will want to seek consultation with some experts in the field of ethnic rhinoplasty, have imaging performed to show you how these changes will look and once a desired result is determined review the surgeons before and after photographs of similar noses to ensure natural looking results. See a similar nose in the video above and examples of ethnic rhinoplasty in the link below.Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Can a rhinoplasty lift the tip of the nose?

Hello,Absolutely. A rhinoplasty can modify the shape and position of the nose. A proper consultation and assessment with a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon can provide you with the options available to you in order to meet your goals and expectations. I hope this helps.

Andres Gantous, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate to lift a droopy tip

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish lifting the droopy tip on both a static and dynamic basis.  To prevent the tip from drooping when smiling requires releasing of the depressor septi ligament. A tip rhinoplasty is required to lift the tip on a static basis which can include suture techniques, conservative cartilage removal, and sometimes cartilage grafting techniques applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip.

Droopy nasal tip with smiling

The structures of your nasal tip are cartilages. Your nasal septum which divides your nostrils is cartilage as well. When the nasal septum is too tall, the muscles that make you smile pull down on the septum and the cartilages above the septum. This causes the droopy nasal tip when you smile. The septal cartilage can be trimmed and the muscles released so that the nose doesn't droop when you smile. A complete examination and good 3-D photographs can help you visualize what those changes would look like if you were to have a rhinoplasty, and help you and your physician determine a plan preoperatively that can give you your desired result. John Standefer MD

Drooping Side Profile When Smiling - Would A Rhinoplasty Correct This?

Thank you for the excellent photos.  Indeed, a rhinoplasty would correct this issue. It is important to not overcorrect the tip -- meaning, you wouldn't want to end up with too much of an angle, but enough to give you a beautiful profile when smiling, and when not smiling.  You do appear to be an excellent candidate in regard to correcting the issue that you dislike. I suggest you make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience.  This is a big decision in your life, and an exciting decision.