Would I be an good candidate for abdominal liposuction? (photos)

I would like to get liposuction on my waist, stomach and sides but the areas have stretch marks. I want to be sure that if I get the procedure my belly will look better and not worse. The stretch marks and looser skin are several years old stemming from a pregnancy, but aren't very noticeable. I'm hoping to get a flat, or near flat tummy! I posted before but have taken better pictures to make feedback easier, thanks!

Tummy Tuck

It's difficult without seeing you in person if liposuction of any type will correct the problem that bothers you. If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then Liposuction should definitely address the problem. If there are stretch marks and loose skin, or separation of the underlying muscles that are causing the problem, a tummy tuck would be a better option. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, MD
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #tummytuck

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Depending on your expectation, yes - Would I be an good candidate for abdominal liposuction? (photos)

Without doing a physical exam, I would say that liposuction is a good option for you. If you want to look better in your clothes and the stretch marks don't bother you. In my experience, darker skin retracts nicely after liposuction, especially with the Tickle Liposuction because it stimulates from underneath. You may have some loose skin after all has healed. How much does that bother you?However, there are limitations to liposuction. If you wish to wear a bikini, tighten up your abdominal walls that have separated post pregnancy and minimize your stretchmarks, and have no loose skin, then a tummy tuck is the option.Tummy tuck surgery is more expensive and more downtime. If you do not want to go that route, I believe you will do very well with liposuction.Determine what you expect for results and share that with a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction immoderate candidate.

Which procedure you choose depends on what your goals are. To achieve a flat abdomen you will require a tummy tuck. If the resultant scar is not something you wish to have to deal with, liposuction will result in a thinning of what you pinch when you pinch your abdomen and improve the way jeans and tops appear from behind. If you are not satisfied with the results of a liposuction you can always consider a tummy tuck as a secondary procedure. You should see a plastic surgeon who can give you realistic expectations after examine you. Good luck. I

Atul Kesarwani, MD, FRCSC

Flat tummy tuck with liposuction?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am sorry to give you news that you don't want, but I suspect you need a tummy tuck.
  • Liposuction will make stretch marks and loose skin worse.
  • And if your muscles are streatch with pregnancy, as they appear to be -
  • Liposuction will not give you anything like a flat stomach.
  • I suggest you have a consultation with a plastic surgeon.
  • Only a plastic surgeon can do both operations and can discuss your options with you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Are you a good Liposuction candidate?

Thanks so much for your question and photos! If your looking for a great result, I would highly recommend you have a tummy tuck with liposuction as well as liposuction to the other areas that concern you. Liposuction to your abdomen alone will not reduce stretch marks and will likely leave you with loose skin. Most women post pregnancy require a complete tummy tuck which involves tightening the abdominal muscle as well as removing loose skin. Your first step will be to begin the consult process in order to receive details about the procedure and an individualized surgical plan just for you!

Robert Sleightholm, MD
Brampton Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of abdomen

If you want a flat tummy, you may be better off with a tummy tuck. Liposuction will improve your contour but you will most likely have some residual loose skin. It will help you look better in clothes / allow you to look better when you tuck your shirt in. If your goal is to wear a bikini, a tummy tuck will probably give you a more predictable result. The belly button piercing and ornament will help to cover / distract attention from the belly button scar that will result from a tummy tuck. You will need a face-to-face consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to discuss your specific goals and select the ideal procedure to achieve those goals.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon