Will a Brazilian butt lift reduce my waist size?? (photos)

I am very interested in reducing my waist size and having a Jessica Rabbit look going on. I have undergone 75% of my body lift surgeries post massive weight loss (200 lbs in a year) / ((no bariatric or anything just hard work and self discipline)). Finishing them up in November. My surgeon doesn't believe in BBLs so I would like to get an unbiased opinion. Most of me is completely flat, but I deff have fat I can transfer. Will this be the surgery to get what I want?

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss! The Brazilian Butt lift is a surgery done to create an hourglass figure. Liposuction is used to remove fat from areas where you don't need/want it (usually the flanks, back, thighs) and that fat is removed using a specific equipment and techniques to retain as much healthy fat cells as possible. (*It is crucial to the success of your surgery to obtain the fat in this manner)….. The fat is then strategically injected in to specific areas to used round out your butt and hips and give the look of a smaller waist. I would be happy to consult with you to see if you are a good candidate for this surgery.

Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

A Brazilian Butt Lift  is a fat transfer to the buttocks and hips, using liposuction to remove fat from the The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost.  and given the most accurate quote.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Body Contouring after Weight Loss

Congratulations on your weight loss! I think you look fantastic. I am doubtful that you would see much improvement to your waist with further liposuction. It is worthwhile though for you to get a full evaluation with a plastic surgeon who does a lot of BBL. See what they think, then you will be able to better decide. Best wishes. 

Waist size

If you do not have a lot of fat in the waist area than it is doubtful that your waist will shrink much.  Best of luck.

Brazilian Butt Lift To Reduce Waist Size?

Congratulations on your successful weight loss journey! A BBL will not reduce your waist size directly. Liposuction is the body contouring tool for that end result. However, enhancing your buttocks with a BBL in conjunction with liposuction can accentuate the smaller waist achieved with liposuction. In terms of realistic expectations and end results, aim for a curvier version of you, not a cartoon character. Best of luck!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Thank you for your question and photographs and congrats on your massive weight loss accomplishments!  I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon who does perform BBL’s so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not. It is hard to tell from your photographs whether you have enough fat to harvest to fill out the buttocks area but you may be a better candidate for buttock implants. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift and will help with the sagging in the buttock area.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL post weight loss

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Congratulations on the weight loss. Losing 10 lbs is hard enough for most people. 200 is a huge accomplishment. 

Based on your photos, unfortunately, I would not recommend BBL. There is simply not enough fat left on you to make a noticeable difference. There is a component of loose skin still present which is very common on weight loss patients. 

A smaller waist can be achieved with liposuction, but in most cases, would require additional muscle tightening and skin removal from your vertical tummy tuck area. 

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Smaller waist

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information and pictures as well. Patients need an in-person evaluation so that the surgeon can evaluate the anatomy of an individual prior to stating whether or not they are a candidate for liposuction. There are limits to how much your waist can be narrowed with liposuction. It would depend on your fram and your weight.

I recommend to make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a personal evaluation and to talk about your goals. 

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD