Is it normal to have knots along the incision after Tummy Tuck?

It has been 7 weeks since my circulatory Tummy Tuck. I have developed knots along my incision, they are not visible you can only feel them. The best way I can describe them is a knot might develop due to sore muscle. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to help the healing process?

Knots on Incision after TT

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

If you are worried about your incisions and scars during the healing process it would be good to schedule a follow-up visit with your surgeon for an examination to make sure the healing process is going well. Good luck.

Knots along Tummy Tuck Incision

Those knots that you are feeling are most probably from the sutures (stitches that are tied, and so have knots).  The suture material is dissolvable, and so, you shouldn't be able to feel them in several months.   There is nothing that you can do to make them go away faster.   Do, however, listen to your plastic surgeon as far as what you should or should not be doing to heal faster from your (circumferential?) tummy tuck.

Best Wishes!