Will a V beam laser help my redness leftover from acne? How many treatments will I need?

I talked to my dermatologist over the phone and she said that you only need one for acne scarring but I've read you're supposed to get more than 1. Will I need to? And will the laser help me?

Vbeam great for redness left by acne

Hi, Vbeam is a great treatment for post acne redness like your picture.  It is not uncommon to see clearing with 1-2 treatments.

V beam for acne

There is often considerable redness remaining after acne has resolved. V beam is one of the best treatments. You should see improvement after one treatment, and it may be all you need. I would recommend waiting about 6 weeks after a treatment before deciding you need a second one.

Vbeam x2

Agree. V BEAM is my go to laser for this condition of post acne macular erythema. You will improve with one treatment, you will improve more with subsequent. Pulse Dye Laser / V Beam can settle the redness a lot quicker than if nothing were done. You should notice that you are less red with one treatment. The adjunctive use of sunscreen is also important as this can speed up your recovery.

All the very best, 

Dr Davin Lim 

Laser Dermatologist
BRISBANE, Australia

Vbeam

The Vbeam is a pulse dye laser which primarily targets lesions with strong vascular (blood vessel) component.  As such, it will work well for some of the redness and scarring you have.  Given that yours is mild, one treatment may suffice, however in our office we always counsel patients that 2-3 treatments may be necessary to see a sufficient reduction in redness.  For some of the scarring you have, a fractionated resurfacing laser would also be beneficial and should be considered once the redness has improved.   

E. Eugene Bain III, MD
Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

Lasers for Red Acne Scars

Treatments vary by response, intensity of the laser and other factors. If you want to avoid bruising you can consider some of the more effective IPL lasers (eg Sciton BBL) though the V Beam is a good laser for erythema and rosacea.
#Scitonbbl
#laserredreduction

V-Beam and Facial Redness caused by Acne Scars

V-Beam is the gold standard to treat the redness caused by acne scars.  It will probably take 3 treatments spaced one month apart to resolve all of the redness.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist trained in lasers.  Best, Dr. Green