Tattoo Removal Questions. (photos)

I have a tattoo on my shoulder that I desperately want removed. I was wondering how much laser surgery would cost and if any type of cream would work.

PicoSure price varies

Thank you for your question. PicoSure is the latest technology in tattoo removal. It is able to target pigments that previous lasers were not able to treat because the wavelengths it operates has the ability to target and shatter even the smallest of ink particles. The PicoSure laser offers such advanced technology that it can easily and effectively remove nearly any pigment color from nearly any skin type or skin color. Your tattoo is black, which has proven to be a lot easier than other colors. The price for the procedure varies according to factors such as the size and number of sessions needed. Typically most patients need at least 3-6 sessions for optimal results. If you are interested in the procedure, I suggest consulting with a qualified provider for a full in-person consultation.

Tattoo removal

Thanks for posting your photo. This tattoo has a fair amount of ink. I'd guess somewhere between 6-8 treatments. We use the PFD patch which allows multiple treatments in the same visit. This decreases the number of overall visits needed. The one good thing about this - it's black ink. This is easier to remove than some of the bright colors. Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

Tattoo

Hi,

This is a large tattoo that will requite multiple treatments spaced every 6-8 weeks apart. Seek a package deal to have guaranteed removal of the tattoo. Costs could range from $3000+ for complete removal.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Tattoo Removal

It is quite a large tattoo and it would take at least six treatments spaced over a period of a year to remove this tattoo permanently.  There is no cream to remove it.  Best, Dr. Green

Tattoo Removal estimate

The tattoo in your photo would be classified as "large to extra large", tribal type design and professionally done (therefore a high density of ink particles, tends to require more treatments). It would not be unusual to pay a few hundred dollars for a tattoo removal session for a design of this size. There is usually a price break if you purchase a series of sessions up front, and many practices have one or more companies they use to deliver interest free financing.The number of treatments- industry standard is 8 to 12 but you could be done in 6 or 7 if the laser device has excellent power and the provider has a lot of experience (makes good decisions on settings used). There is absolutely no cream that will help, don't waste your money. This is a very dynamic area (lots of movement)- I suggest you NOT consider other methods of removal (hypertonic saline, microneedling with acid, etc) as you will scar. There is at least one practice in North Carolina which has the Astanza Duality - an aesthetics-focused medical practice called Wake Health Medical Group-in the northern Raleigh area. The Duality has the highest peak power of any tattoo removal laser currently available (including picosecond lasers) so it does an excellent job and it is fast. Best,Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

PicoWay Can Remove Black Tattoo Ink

Luckily, black ink is the easiest to remove. While it is not possible to predict how many sessions it will take to fully remove your tattoo without seeing you in person, generally it takes at least three sessions and perhaps as many as 5 or more to achieve optimal results. Consult with a board-certified dermatologist to find out more about how your particular tattoo will respond to PicoWay