I want to get a Mommy Makeover that includes TT with Muscle and Hernia Repair. Also a Breast Lift and small implant. (photos)

Would this be too much to do in one surgery? I do not have any health problems. Also how long in general would a surgery like this take? Would not want to stay under too long or have the doctor rush.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and pictures, you are a great candidate for these procedures they are commonly  done at the same time safely.  I recommend you consult carefully with a board certified PS, best of luck to you!

Mommy makeover

Based on your photos you wold be a good candidate. I don't know what you mean by "too long". It usually takes me 3.5 to 4 hours to accomplish this operation depending on the extent of liposuction performed at the same time. The general consensus is that surgery should be completed within 6 hours to keep things safe, but extended times to 8 hours may be necessary for some complex cosmetic operations. Skill and experience  will determine the time needed for your operation. Z polite with all the kids never stouter in another

Good luck

Mark Eberbach, MD

Mommy makeover

You appear to be a good candidate for the procedures you are considering.  They can be combined in one trip to the operating room.  The length of the surgery will vary based on the extent of the hernia repair.  I recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation.  At your consultation your surgery time can be more accurately estimated.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy make--over - is this too much surgery.

Thank you for your question about your mommy make--over.

• Your photos are so helpful - showing you to be trim and fit.
  • You are an excellent candidate for a breast lift + implants and a tummy tuck with muscle repair.
  • This should be done in the safe surgery time of 6 hours - and is a common combination.
  • The only item of concern is the hernia - if it is a large abdominal hernia (one can't tell from the photos) and needs a complex repair, it might not be reasonable to do everything at once.
  • If it is a small umbilical hernia - common after pregnancy - it should not be a problem.
  • So discuss your plan with your surgeon and see what is the best approach for you.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Mommy Makeover

The combination of abdominal and breast surgery is certainly not unreasonable. However it does increase your chance for post-operative healing problems including Deep Venous Thrombosis and possible pulmonary embolism. In my practice, I do not use general anesthesia so the length of anesthesia is less of a concern. For the combination procedure I would ordinarily expect it to last 5 hours. This is a long time under general anesthesia that is better tolerated under conscious sedation. Certainly it makes perfect sense to stage the procedures if you have the healing time to devote to each one individually.

I want to get a Mommy Makeover that includes TT with Muscle and Hernia Repair. Also a Breast Lift and small implant.

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, these combination surgical procedures are done routinely. However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery…  

It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance. Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important considerations. 

You will find that there are no "absolute rules" when it comes to your question.  Based on the principle of safety and avoidance of complications first, in my practice, I generally avoid combination surgical procedures that will take longer than six hours in our hands.

Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow. Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover-- Too much surgery?

Thanks for your question and the photos. From your photos it appears that you are indeed considering the correct surgeries. Augmentation mastopexy and tummy tuck are commonly combined. Your surgeon will have to evaluate you to be sure you are an appropriate and healthy candidate. Each surgeon will vary with timing, but in experienced hands you are looking at about 4-5 hours of surgery estimated ( if you require full breast lift with your implants.)

I have included MM faq below as well hope it helps.

P.S. If you are concerned about time in the operating room you can certainly have these surgeries done separately too.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A breast lift with an implant can be performed at the same time for improved shape and contour of your breasts. Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Best option for you, some advice:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you need and want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Mommy makeover: TT with muscle and hernia repair, breast lift with small implant

This combination of procedures is commonly done.  As long you are healthy it should not be a problem.  Every surgeon is different in the amount of time it takes them.  What you want is well within the limits of being performed at one surgery.  I commonly do this combination and often do some liposuction along with it too.  Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who does lots of mommy makeovers.  Ask to see before and after photos and make sure you feel at ease with the surgeon.  Best wishes!

Maida Parkins, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon