I want to get a Mommy Makeover that includes TT with Muscle and Hernia Repair. Also a Breast Lift and small implant. (photos)

Would this be too much to do in one surgery? I do not have any health problems. Also how long in general would a surgery like this take? Would not want to stay under too long or have the doctor rush.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question and pictures, you are a great candidate for these procedures they are commonly  done at the same time safely.  I recommend you consult carefully with a board certified PS, best of luck to you!

Mommy makeover

Based on your photos you wold be a good candidate. I don't know what you mean by "too long". It usually takes me 3.5 to 4 hours to accomplish this operation depending on the extent of liposuction performed at the same time. The general consensus is that surgery should be completed within 6 hours to keep things safe, but extended times to 8 hours may be necessary for some complex cosmetic operations. Skill and experience  will determine the time needed for your operation. Z polite with all the kids never stouter in another

Good luck

Mark Eberbach, MD

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Dr. Derby Sang

thank you for your question and photos.

as far as i can see you are a good candidate for the procedures, i suggest you get a consult with a board certified PS and get over details, commonly all these procedures are done at the same time, but every PS will know what is the best for you.

best of luck.

Combination Surgery

These procedures generally take me 3-4 hours total and is completely safe to do if you have an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon. I do these routinely and patients do very well. Just seek a consultation with an excellent surgeon and general surgeon for your hernia and this can be at the same time obviously. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

You appear to be a good candidate for the procedures you are considering.  They can be combined in one trip to the operating room.  The length of the surgery will vary based on the extent of the hernia repair.  I recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation.  At your consultation your surgery time can be more accurately estimated.

Camille Cash, MD

Mommy make--over - is this too much surgery.

Thank you for your question about your mommy make--over.

• Your photos are so helpful - showing you to be trim and fit.
  • You are an excellent candidate for a breast lift + implants and a tummy tuck with muscle repair.
  • This should be done in the safe surgery time of 6 hours - and is a common combination.
  • The only item of concern is the hernia - if it is a large abdominal hernia (one can't tell from the photos) and needs a complex repair, it might not be reasonable to do everything at once.
  • If it is a small umbilical hernia - common after pregnancy - it should not be a problem.
  • So discuss your plan with your surgeon and see what is the best approach for you.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD

Mommy Makeover

The combination of abdominal and breast surgery is certainly not unreasonable. However it does increase your chance for post-operative healing problems including Deep Venous Thrombosis and possible pulmonary embolism. In my practice, I do not use general anesthesia so the length of anesthesia is less of a concern. For the combination procedure I would ordinarily expect it to last 5 hours. This is a long time under general anesthesia that is better tolerated under conscious sedation. Certainly it makes perfect sense to stage the procedures if you have the healing time to devote to each one individually.

I want to get a Mommy Makeover that includes TT with Muscle and Hernia Repair. Also a Breast Lift and small implant.

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, these combination surgical procedures are done routinely. However, you are wise in being concerned about the safety of combination surgery; risks/possible complications do increase with increased length of surgery…  

It is best to evaluate each patient's suitability for combination surgery on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the SAFETY of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance. Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important considerations. 

You will find that there are no "absolute rules" when it comes to your question.  Based on the principle of safety and avoidance of complications first, in my practice, I generally avoid combination surgical procedures that will take longer than six hours in our hands.

Your best bet: choose your plastic surgeon very carefully; everything else including good judgment/advice/planning, anesthesia provider and safe surgery facility will follow. Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover-- Too much surgery?

Thanks for your question and the photos. From your photos it appears that you are indeed considering the correct surgeries. Augmentation mastopexy and tummy tuck are commonly combined. Your surgeon will have to evaluate you to be sure you are an appropriate and healthy candidate. Each surgeon will vary with timing, but in experienced hands you are looking at about 4-5 hours of surgery estimated ( if you require full breast lift with your implants.)

I have included MM faq below as well hope it helps.

P.S. If you are concerned about time in the operating room you can certainly have these surgeries done separately too.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon