Is it advisable to get Ultherapy several months after botox and voluma?

I had Voluma ,1 vial put in my cheekbones 18 months ago and about 40 units of botox 6 months ago.is it safe to get ultherapy now?

Ultherapy in combination with Botox and Fillers

Ultherapy is a great option for skin tightening and works well in conjunction with both fillers and neuromodulators.  Ensure you have an experienced Ultherapist as they should be able to visualize the Voluma on the ultrasound and avoid the filler.  Ulthera works well for to tighten the sides of the face, define the jaw line, neck and décolletage.  The results from an Ultherapy treatment work in a two-step process. The first stage is the contraction and denaturing of collagen, which causes an immediate tissue tightening, and resultant lift. The second stage occurs over time while the body’s healing response builds new collagen (neocollagenesis).     New collagen production is generated over 2-3 months and often continues for 6 months after the treatment. Full results are visible after 3 to 6 months.Good Luck!

Combination of Fillers and Ulthera

Thanks for your question. I often combine the use of fillers and Ultherapy as it helps clients reach their desirable results that looks natural. Considering the timeline, you can safely get Ultherapy. 

Jennifer Levine, MD

Ulthera after Filler and Botox

Thank you for your question.  This far out from filler and Botox, you should have not problem with Ulthera.  Ulthera can theoretically make filler dissolve faster but 18 months after there should be no issue.Good Luck!

Sejal Shah, MD

Ulthera after other treatments

Dear lulu1956,Ulthera would be fine at this juncture especially this far out from the procedures you are talking about. Generally speaking we would avoid treating directly over an area of filler such as Voluma to avoid a "potential" decrease in its longevity however you are getting very close to its quoted lifespan. Regarding Botox it is usually "worn off" within 3-4 months. I don't believe you will have any problems at this time.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Ulthera

It is fine to get Ulthera after other treatments.  IT will have no effect on the Botox.  You wouldn't want to do Ulthera directly over an area of recent filler since it might theoretically make it dissolve faster.  You should be fine at this point. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon