Do fillers in the face interfere with Ultherapy?

Usually ultherapy is not done where fillers are done. I would do ultherapy first and fillers to
follow that is the best bet

Undergo Ultherapy First

Hi there, and thanks for your question. This topic hasn't been researched at length just yet, so we can't be sure whether Ultherapy or other similar treatments have any effect on fillers. To be on the safe side, I typically recommend that any patients considering both treatments to allow 2 weeks between treatments. This ensures that both treatments are as effective as possible and are still able to work together to create the results that the patient desires. Hope this helped!

Theresa M. Jarmuz, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Albany Ultherapy Expert says YES to combination of fillers with Ultherapy

Since fillers provide immediate results with volume enhancement and Ultherapy a long term result (up to a year to see the end result after a single treatment) with skin tightening, we commonly combine the two treatments on the same day- typically doing Ultherapy followed by the fillers to help our patients to look and feel their best.  Rather than interfere, the combination of treatments works synergistically to give better results.
Hope this helps!

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Los Angeles Ultherapy expert

In our office, we complement Ultherapy with stimulatory fillers such as Sculptra which enhance the results of the Ultherapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Do injectable fillers in the face interfere with Ultherapy?

Thank you for your answer, and to be honest, this is something we have discussed many times with our patients.  Although studies have not proven that Ultherapy effects facial fillers, my good sensibility tells me that for a first time patient, I would do the Ultherapy first and come back with fillers a few days later.  For those patients which already have fillers and have had them for 2-4 weeks or longer, Ultherapy is fine and to my knowledge I have not seen a diminishing affect to fillers due to Ultherapy.

Charles A. Wallace, MD

Ultherapy and Fillers

Hi and thank you for your question!

As stated below, it is ideal to do fillers before Ultherapy, if you are planning out your treatment plan.
However, there are no studies that show that Ultherapy will melt or degrade filler. Also to be considered is that often the areas where patients have filler done, are not the areas where we do Ultherapy, such as lips, jowls and marionette lines. In addition, if you have fillers in your cheeks, it is often placed deeply on top of the bone. The technician could evaluate if they can see the filler, at what depth it is, and avoid treating in that area. Feel free to call our office with any questions.  

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Ultherapy and Filler

Ultherapy for skin tightening and injectable fillers for facial volumization can be a great solution for the aging face.  The ultrasound energy produced during an Ulthera treatment, precisely and consistently heats the targeted tissue to 60-70 degrees centigrade, which is the optimal temperature for contraction and denaturation of collagen.  The results from an Ultherapy treatment work in a two-step process. The first stage is the contraction and denaturing of collagen, which causes an immediate tissue tightening, and resultant lift. The second stage occurs over time while the body’s healing response builds new collagen (neocollagenesis).

Although not proven in studies, this could in theory heat up and ruin your filler. I always recommend that a patient gets their filler treatment after Ultherapy.  If you already had a filler, ensure that you have an experienced Ultherapist as they can visualize the filler on the ultrasound.  Your Ultherapist may be able to avoid the filler.  Good Luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Ultherapy and fillers

Thank you for your question.  Ultherapy should be performed prior to fillers if being contemplated at the same time.  If you already have fillers it is best to discuss your custom treatment plan with your board certified Dermatologist.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy and facial fillers - Williamsville NY Ultherapy provider

Whenever possible, I recommend that fillers follow Ultherapy.

Read my ebook about Ultherapy on the link below under the ebook section. It is a free access ebook.

We have performed Ultherapy since 2010. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Fillers and Ultherapy

Fillers in the face can affect the timing of an Ultherapy treatment.  There is not exact time period, but most physicians generally recommend waiting a period of time after fillers before having an Ultherapy treatment over the same area.  If the Ultherapy were done first, then the fillers could be done anytime afterwards.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon