Can I put suture tape on an open wound?

I had a tummy tuck done out of state on 9/27, on 9/28 my surgeon removed the suture tape. On 10/6 the stitches above my pubic bone started leaking. I went to the hospital and was told I have several seromas,and the stitching has come apart. However, the surgeons did nothing but send me home and tell me to find a local plastic surgeon to follow up with. None are trying to see me bcuz they didn't do the work. So I need to know if I can buy suture tape and seal it myself? I'm cleaning it twice/ day

Drainage and wound separation after tummy tuck

Fluid collections or seromas are not uncommon after abdominoplasty procedures. For this reason, drains are often used for a short period of time to prevent fluid collections and improve healing. Most wounds like these are best treated by NOT taping the skin back together. Guaze dressings or a wound vac would be a better option. Please find a plastic surgeon in your area to provide you with the care that you need. Sorry you are having these problems. 

Open wound

Sorry about your issues.  Usually an open wound is best treated with local wound care and not closed with tape. You should really see a local plastic surgeon to be properly evaluated.

Can I put suture tape on an open wound?

This a good example of why having a cosmetic procedure done within the USA is so important. Follow up care is one of the most important factors in this type situation. I would return to your Operating Surgeon ( travel to him/her) and get this taken care of . Or contact your Operating Surgeon and see who he/she can refer you to where you live. I do not recommend treating an open wound yourself. Without posted photos, and the benefit of physical exam- it is a challenge to comment accurately especially when  it comes to a post-op complication.