Which Lipo would be best for a relatively fit person? I'm very afraid of being lumpy. (Photo)

I just turned 44. I notice I'm working harder to maintain my waistline. My issue is more with my flanks but I also want to address my tummy too. I've had 3 kids but my skin is pretty good with now stretch marks although it is alittle soft. I work hard on my body and I don't want to look fake and lumpy, but I do want to make my middle as small as possible. What's the best method for me and recovery time? I'm looking for surgery in January

Liposuction - what kind to avoid lumps?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Truly the kind of machine makes little difference - it is the surgeon that is much more important.
  • Liposuction of the tummy on a thin person takes expertise and even then, some lumpiness can appear.
  • After 3 children, you may actually need a tummy tuck -
  • I suggest you find a plastic surgeon near you who does a lot of liposuction and arrange a consultation.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Best lipo for a fit body

In the right hands, almost any liposuction technique can improve the appearance of your body. It all depends on who is doing the procedure. Many of the augmented procedures using laser, ultrasound, etc. can give decent results but may be more expensive. Standard tumescent liposuction done well should be able to address your concerns.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, body sculpture

Hello and thank you for your question. In general, contour after liposuction is technique dependent. If a smaller cannula and good technique is used, there should not be any lumps. You definitely need an in person consultation to assess the quality of your skin. You mentioned stretch marks in your post, the surgeon would need to look at those to assess the contractile potential of your skin before liposuction. Overall you appear to be in great shape and an excellent candidate. Good luck!

#Liposuction /#Liposculpture /#Vaser/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for waistline contouring liposuction.  This can give you a nice shape.  If done with good technique, no lumps should be present.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Smartlipo

Thanks for the question and hello. You sound like a great candidate for  Smartlipo of the abdomen and flanks depending upon your coals. The technique may tighten skin as well as remove stubborn fat. If you seek an athletic-looking abdomen you may need a full tummy tuck due to your pregnancies. See a BCPS for your care. 
Be well

DrBurnett#realself100

Liposuction

Liposuction can be performed with many different types of instrumentation and they all can be very successful. I always say it is not the wand (the machine) but the magician( the surgeon) that creates all the magic.