Cellfina v. ThermiTight. Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm scheduled for Cellfina next month and have recently come across ThermiTight. Obviously from the pictures my thighs are lax and need tightening from liposuction 20 years ago. Now I'm panicking and thinking the Cellfina won't help the front of my thighs, which is my main issue. I can't wear shorts or shorter dresses. If anyone has any info, please advise ASAP.

Cellfina is not the right treatment

It appears from your photos that your skin is affected by laxity, loose connective tissue and superficial adipose tissue.

Cellfina will not treat the laxity.

I  do recommend you consider the non-invasive treatments ThermiTight or Invasix BodyTite and explore the option of a surgical thigh lift. 

Chicago Dermatologist

Cellfina and ThermiTight both offer great benefits- a combination of treatments can be considered

Hello! 

Thank you for asking such a great question. We know (at least understand) why things can be confusing when it comes to treatment options, and kudos to you for researching and asking such good questions.  We offer both Cellfina and ThermiTight treatments and I like to advise patients about surgical options as well as non-surgical options based on their concerns and their body.  I also like to see you (the patient) happy! Meeting your expectations for both the front of your thighs and back of your thighs may require your consideration of combination therapy- or in other words, choosing the best treatment option for each area of concern.  I would be very comfortable encouraging you to pursue Cellfina for the dimples on your backside, and to consider a treatment such as ThermiTight for the front of your thighs.

Try not to become overwhelmed, it's so easy to do.  Consider which area is most concerning perhaps, and start there. :) 

Wish you the best,

Jenn Harrington, MD

Cellfina vs Thermitight

Cellfina vs ThermitightCellfina is approved for buttocks and other parts of the thighs.  Used on moderate to severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.  Thermitight likewise works best on smaller more localized areas than your photos show..  You may do well to include a modality such as vela 3  or thermismooth as examples

Cellfina vs Thermitight

Cellfina and Thermitight treat different forms of cellulite, and a consult with your provider should be able to determine which treatment is the best option for your specific concerns.  Cellfina treats primary cellulite, which is caused by fibrous bands pulling down on the skin and creating a deep dimpled appearance.  Thermitight treats secondary cellulite, which is more textural in nature and creates a wavy appearance on the skin.  Cellfina is a minimally invasive, one time procedure with associated downtime including bruising and swelling.  Thermitight is a radiofrequency device and requires several treatment sessions to tighten the skin and improve the wavy texture of secondary cellulite.  An individualized consult should give time for your provider to assess your contour and determine which treatment would yield the best result.  While some patients need either Cellfina or Thermitight, some patients need both procedures when both forms of cellulite are present.  I would speak in depth with your provider about your specific concerns and ensure you have appropriate expectations in regards to your post procedure contour.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Cellfina for FRONT of thighs

Cellfina is not for the front of your thighs. I've seen your photos on multiple questions now, and I recommend you speak in depth with your plastic surgeon before proceeding so that you know all of your options; surgical vs. non-surgical. Take your time researching and don't rush.
#surgery   #thighlift  #thermitight  #cellfina 

Cellfina v. Thermi

Cellfina should help the dimples of cellulite which your pictures demonstrate. In addition, it appears you would benefit from some skin tightening which can be achieved by Ulthera or Thermi. Best bet is to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area experienced in these modalities. They can examine you and following that, discuss options for treatment.

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

Thank you for your question.Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women. It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied. Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment. It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks. It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.  If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina. Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.  Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.  It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding. It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed. We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding. It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office. Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.  Take care, Dr Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Cellfina vs Thermi for cellulite...

Thank you for your question.  Cellfina and Thermi are very different treatments for very different things.  Cellfina treats dimple cellulite with almost universal success, releasing the dimple and smoothing the skin.  Thermi is a RF technology used to deliver heat subcutaneously resulting in a tightening of the skin, however it does not affect the primary cause of dimple cellulite which are the fibrous bands pulling down the tissue.  Thermi will work on wavy cellulite.  It is likely you will need combination therapy to yield best results, as in our practice we combine Cellfina with Ulthera to treat both types of cellulite.  Ulthera is another tightening device utilizing ultrasound.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon