I am 7 months post-op with 369 cc saline under the muscle through areola incision.

I had sex a week ago and My bf was a little rough with my nipple and now I am having pain on my left breast. Its swollen & bothersome on the lower part of the breast and nipple .I massage it&it feels a little better but the pain will come back later. My left breast hurts a little more & to me, the rippling is more noticeable. It may be that I am paranoid. My question is, what could the cause for the discomfort/pain be? Can the implant rupture? Could I have possibly damaged something?

#breastimplants

Kay,

Its hard to tell without an exam or photos. Can you visit with your plastic surgeon?

Feel free to call or email us if you have any further questions.

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Barrett Plastic Surgery
9735 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 216
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Beverly Hills Physician

You're probably fine, but see your surgeon if it persists

I once had a woman with saline breast implants get thrown from a horse.  She landed on her implant with her forearm under her breast.  She broke her ribs and her forearm, but not the implant!  These things are pretty tough.  You certainly may have injured your breast though. Also, you're attention is drawn to it because of the injury so you may be noticing things that were always there but you didn't notice before.  Give it a few weeks and if it persists, see your surgeon.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast pain

saline implants are quite durable.  If you had a deflation it would be quite noticeable, so it's unlikely.  Any doubts and you should certainly see your surgeon.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Pain after Breast Augmentation

Hi kay_22! Thanks for your questions. It's hard to tell without an in-person examination. I highly doubt you ruptured your implants, though. Please see your surgeon if you are very concerned. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Pain after BA

Thanks for your question. Without examining you or seeing pictures it's impossible to to answer all your questions. I can tell you it's unlikely that your implant is ruptured. Have your surgeon evaluate you. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Please call your plastic surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question.  Without pictures, it is difficult to give you any advice.  It is best for you to contact your plastic surgeon and update them on your status and let them decide if this warrants a visit to their office.  Best of luck to you!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Thank you for your question.  Please see our plastic surgeon for an examination and possibly an ultrasound or MRI to make certain that he do not have implant rupture.  Trauma to the implant such as you describe most commonly tears the implant capsule not the implant, however implant rupture is possible.  Please see your surgeon and do not follow Internet advice.

Breat Pain

There are a number of possibilities. You need to see your surgeon for an exam before answers can be given.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast pain,asymmetry?

Any time you have breast symptoms, you should follow up with your surgeon. You may have a number of concerns including: infection, implant injury, or nothing at all. Regardless, prompt intervention may avoid more hassle down the line.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Need consultation

You may have torn the capsule and have a seroma versus a hematoma. Seek a Breast specialist in your area for examination 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS