1 month post op "dropping". Does it look like it's going normal or too slow? (Photo)

I am 1 month post op today. I got 500cc silicone high profile, under the muscle.. Does the dropping look like it's going normal or too slow? They are softer but still can't squeeze them together all the way like I've seen other girls do. ( Sorry for the bad pics)

Your results look right on track for being 1 month out of surgery.  Over the next few months, your implants will continue to drop and as they soften, you should be able to make the cleavage that you are asking about.  Just be patient and continue following post-op instructions, such as massaging. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dropping too slow?

So far you have a great result from your augmentation. I tell my patients that it typically takes 6 weeks for implants to settle in. 3 months for final shape and feel. As far not moving inwards, give it at least 3 months. Would recommend gently massaging inwards, but consult your surgeon before doing that. Good luck!

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Fabulous at one month

You look fabulous! Kudos to you and your PS. Its still early so give things more time. As your tissues relax and all swelling goes away I Bet you will be able to get the midline squeeze you desire. Bravo! Be well.

Kevin Maguire, MD
Vermont Plastic Surgeon

At 1 month post-op, are you progressing normally?

Your result looks great!  I tell my patients that at 6 weeks, their implants will be looking great.  At 3 months, they will be feeling soft and natural.  I would suggest being patient and just keep following post-op massage instructions from your doctor.  Best of luck!

Rate of implant dropping or settling.

Hi litza06.

So far you have a beautiful result.  I tell my patients that on average, the implants really start to drop at between 3 and 4 weeks post op.  They will take up to a year for the final result.

The space between your breasts (intermammary space), may get closer together as the pockets soften, or not.  Only time will tell. 

If you are concerned discuss this with your ps, and maybe he will direct you on some exercises or massage techniques.

Again, beautiful result so far.  Try not to worry too much.

se

Post op progression

Based on your photos, it appears you are progressing nicely.  You will continue to notice the breasts softening and feeling more "natural".  Remember that the breasts will each heal at their own rate.  One may be a little further along in the healing stage than the other.  That is normal too.  Best wishes!

Camille Cash, MD

Implants Still Tight and not dropping

Your result looks fairly normal for this time point. High profile implants are always a little fuller and more firm than moderate profile implants. As your tissues relaxes more they should feel softer.

Breast contour, #breastaugmentation #recovery

Dear Litza06

Thank you for your question and photo!  You appear to be healing well- please follow up with your surgeon for a check up.

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Does it look like it's going normal or too slow?

At 1 month it is still early in the healing process. As the implants soften  they will look different. It usually takes 3 months to get to your result, give your body time to heal. Be sure to keep any scheduled follow up appointments you have will your surgeon for his evaluation and advice. You seem to have a nice result so far. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op "dropping". Does it look like it's going normal or too slow?

Everything looks just right for one month post surgery.

They may still feel firm.  Softening comes as the skin and muscle and breast tissue relax and accommodate the implant volume.  The time it takes will vary from patient to patient.

Be patient and I think you will like the way it turns out.

Best of luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon