Would 2 weeks be a long enough recovery time with a Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift for me to return to work?

I am considering getting a Tummy Tuck with a Brazilian Butt Lift. I am a high school teacher, so my job isn't very strenuous physically. I know that with a BBL i'll probably be standing the majority of the time during my work day.

Recovery time

Thanks for your question.  Yes, you should be able to return to work about 2 weeks after surgery. As long as you are able to have rest periods during they day and aren't required to carry heavy items.  Rest would include something as simple as desk time while your students study or a few half days as needed. 

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

TT and Brazilian fat transfer ? long to recover

I think your  pushing it  a little too soon. Assuming you're having a full TT, I suggest  between 2-3 weeks. In addition, I do not want my fat transfer patients to  put pressure on their buttocks for three weeks. Ask your PS to determine his/her  guidelines.

Don Fontana, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Possibly...

Depending upon your tolerance for discomfort you certainly can go back to work as a teacher. You'll be wearing your compression garment for a few weeks. 

Would 2weeks bea long enough recovery time with a TT and BBLfor me to return to work?

Thank you for your question. You may want to consider having the TTand BBL seperately. The BBL you have to stand or lay on your stomach for a total of 2 weeks. The TT you will have to lay on your back for typically 6 weeks... conflicting recoveries. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If after six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Recovery after Cosmetic Surgery

If your work does not require heavy lifting, 2 weeks should be enough. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and follow recovery advice given to you. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

TT and BBL recovery

TT and BBL recovery based on whether you are having muscle repair:
a)muscle repair: 4 weeks

b)no muscle repair: 2 weeks

Please see link below to get your free cheat sheet "7 Keys to a Great Tummy Tuck".

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Tummy Tuck & BBL

Thank you for your question. It is the tummy tuck that will limit your time to return to activity. Patients may be kept flexed at the waist for up to a week making driving to work difficult.

Recovery time for a Tummy tuck...

A tummy tuck is a surgery  that does require a good amount of recovery time.  Two weeks should be fine to return if there is no strenuous activities. You may still have some pain that can be controlled with over the counter medication. You will most likely wear a binder or a compression garment under your clothes.  It is beneficial to walk around and keep the circulation going.  I would recommend discussing your concerns with your plastic surgeon to ensure you give yourself the prpoer amount  of time.  

Time off from work following a tummy tuck + BBL

in our practice, two weeks is the average amount of time patients take off following this combination of surgery, as long as you do not need to do any heavy lifting or strenuous activity.  consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that routinely offers this combination.  good luck!