I have an oversized left bottom lip. It's getting bigger. I've never seen a doctor for this but now it hurts. (photo)

What is this on my lip? Why is it hurting? How do I go about removing it? Do I need to see a surgeon? Who do I contact?

I suggest contacting a dermatologist immediately. You can find one here on realself in your area. Depending on how long you’ve had it, if it’s dense, and the nature of it the bump, they might take a biopsy to see what is going on. It’s hard to tell without an in person physical examination. 

Best of luck to you!

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Lower lip - area of growth that now hurts

Thank you for asking about your lower lip.

• You need to see a surgeon and the growth needs to be removed.
  • You need an examination to determine why it is hurting but it definitely needs to be rem oved.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS