I am a 64 year old male with thinning hair. About 65% left on crown, top, receding hairline. Would PRP restore or help?

PRP and Thinning Hair

Thanks for your question!  It is difficult to say what you are a good candidate for without photos, but from your description of things, it sounds like you would be an excellent candidate for PRP scalp injections.  You may also want to consider a Neograft hair transplant.  Be sure to consult with a hair specialist!  Best of luck!

Treating thinning hair

Thanks for your question. PRP may be effective for you, though it is hard to say without examining you.  PRP has the potential to stimulate your hair follicles by concentrating your own growth factors. PRP is not magical in all cases, and I would recommend you see a busy hair restoration physician with excellent experience and results with PRP.  I would caution you that all systems that generate PRP are not the same, and in my experience, some systems provide much heartier results for hair restoration.  Look at the results of the doctor you when you are in consultation to see if the results look great.Best of luck from Manhattan.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

PRP as an option for hair loss

You can consider PRP as an option for your hair loss of your degree of hair loss is not advanced. For advanced hair loss, hair transplant is a better option. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP and Hair Loss

I would definitely consider PRP with your description of your hair loss.  An in patient evaluation is necessary to determine if you are a good candidate and the degree of hair loss in a given area.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

65 with hair loss; ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, you should see a PRP hair expert. They will do a good history and examination. Often magnification is necessary. There are four events that happen after PRP ; the hair starts to grow faster, hair loss diminishes, hairs  get thicker, dormant follicles may re grow. Without a picture of your condition, you and your provider need to determine if you will be satisfied with an increased thickness of the existing hair as well as a decrease in hair loss. Regrowth is extremely variable and unpredictable. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP and hair

Certainly from my experience over the last two years I have found the high concentration of platelets 4-5 times would be the most effective form of PRP.  It has the ability to increase the thickness of the hair, number of hair follicles and the vitality.  it is not for everyone and it works in approximately 60% of patients who have found most clinical effect.l  I use the Angel system from a Company called Biotherapy.  I have no financial interest in it.  I use it also for facial rejuvenation.

Mr Basim Matti
Consultant Plastic Surgeon