Have been having bad acne with pus and now has left dark scars, spots and blemishes. Should I try a chemical peel?

Thanks for your query. Chemical peeling exfoliates the skin deeply and corrects the underlying skin problem. It goes a long way in correcting acne scars, pigmentation and blemishes. It would require a no. of sitting which you can check with your doctor. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Acne and dark scars

It sounds like you are having some post inflammatory hyperpigmentation from the acne. I would recommend you make an appointment with a board certified dermatologist to get some prescription medication to help keep the acne under control and prevent future PIH spots. From there, there are peels as well as topical cream that they can be recommend to repair the PIH you have developed. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Acne

The first priority would be to control the acne to avoid further hyperpigmentation from developing. You should see a board certified Dermatologist who can assist you with this. Afterwards, a chemical peel can help with the post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation you are experiencing.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon