I have lost a bunch of fat over the past year but I cannot lose this overhang at the bottom. What should I do? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 11
Great job on loosing the weight. Unfortunately you have some extra skin that will never go away without removing it surgically. This is known as a tummy tuck, and you would be a great candidate. In your case, it would involve removing skin only, as you don't need fat removed nor muscle tightened.
Go visit of few surgeons certified by the ABPS and members of the ASAPS.
Best of luck!
Excess skin of the abdomen
You might also like...
Correcting loose abdominal skin after weight loss.
- Congratulations on the weight loss and your fitness!
- The loose skin will not go away - the fat is gone, but the stretch skin remains.
- You need some kind of abdominoplasty - an exam is needed to determine what might be done.
- Then a discussion is needed as to what you want done -
- After major weight loss, a full abdominoplasty or lower body lift are often needed -
- But If your only concern is the lower overhand of skin, a removing of that excess skin with a low incision may be all you want - and indeed all you need.
- Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
What should I do?
Skin tightening after weight loss.
The most definitive answer requires an examination.
The best way for me to determine whether a mini or full tummy tuck or a lower body lift would be most beneficial would be to examine you. During that examination, I would carefully pinch and elevate the hip/outer thighs as well as the buttocks - simulating the effects of the outer thigh and buttock lift portion of a lower body lift.
If there is not much excess looseness in those two areas, you would not benefit from the lower body lift. Additionally, if there is as little loose skin anteriorly as it appears from the frontal view photo, then you may be an excellent candidate for a mini tummy tuck.
Congrats on your success in losing weight. Now, let's have you keep it off and get you help removing that left over skin excess.
Best of luck!
I have lost a bunch of fat over the past year but I cannot lose this overhang at the bottom. What should I do
Loose Abdominal Skin
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.