What are the dangers of wrapping a rubber band around a keloid?

I can't afford 12 - 15 hundred dollars to remove my keloids (first time surgery resulted in 2 keloids instead of the original one). I am certain doctors would not recommend removal by rubber band - but what is the worse that could happen if I try this method?

Plato's Scar Serum and surgical scar excision

I would suggest Plato's Scar Serum, IIT, and surgical scar revision as the primary treatment. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

It is doubtful that a rubber band could remove a keloid. If it did, I would bet recurrence or even a worse keloid could result. Best to save your money or find a surgeon who is willing to do the procedure for a lower cost. 

Keloid management

Thanks for posting this question. Rubber bands are not in the traditional list of keloid treatments. It would be helpful if you could post a photo of the keloid. Best of luck. 

Benjamin C. Paul, MD