Transplantation impossible due to fine and still OK density in recipient area?

HI - Had a surgery FUT 1600 Grafts (III Vertex) 7 month ago in Germany, planning a 2nd procedure now for more density. I was told in my first session that there is no transplantation in my crown area possible due to fine hair and still OK density. Problem is that my scalp is shining through heavily. Is it true that you can´t transplant hairs in an area with fine hairstructure because density is still too high and no or little space to place hairs? transplanted hair would replace an existing one?

In general you can transplant hairs anywhere on your body. You would need to discuss your case with your doctor.

In general you can transplant hairs anywhere on your body.  You would need to discuss your case with your doctor and explain what you want (your goals).  If your surgeon says it is not possible and you want a second opinion, you would need to see another doctor.  Internet is not a place for a second opinion since there is no way to examine you.  

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Fine hair with transplantation

I have done over 15000 surgeries and I personally had crown loss. I received  2700 grafts over a couple of sessions and now have a full bodied looking head of crown fine hair

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Maybe

This can be done but with fine hairs the results may not look that great and this may be what they meant.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist