I'm 48 and need breast lift and implants. I emailed some docs and got three different answers. How do I choose the right one?

How do I determine what's right as what's wrong as this will be my first time plastic surgery I've researched the doctors all have good reviews and great before and after pics and are educated and Mexico board certified

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

The right doctor

Thank you for your question.  You are right in saying that it is best to find a surgeon by looking at their before and after photos as well as their patient reviews.  Another crucial step in finding the right surgeon is to meet him or her in person or through a virtual consultation.  Please be cautious with medical tourism also.  Although surgery abroad is attractive because of the price, there is insurance included in the price to have surgery done by a board certified surgeon in the US.  If you have done your homework, you have probably seen horror stories of surgery performed outside of the US.  To ensure success in your procedure, make sure you research your post-op follow up.  The follow up cannot be neglected, as this is when many disasters can occur.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Picking The Best Breast Lift Surgeon

The most critical decision to be made in achieving the best plastic surgical result is picking the most experienced and talented, that is the best, plastic surgeon possible. Too often, patients choose a physician based on a catchy ad, the brand name of a technique, the basis of one or two before and after photos, or their web site’s search engine ranking. These criteria will not find the most experienced and talented plastic surgeon.The Mexican Boards are not the same as the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  See the below link on how I would choose the best plastic surgeon. There are also many dangers associated with Medical Tourism. Plastic surgeons in the United States are finding themselves treating an increasing number of patients who plastic surgery abroad, correcting complications and errors. A survey by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons found that 80% of the responding doctors had treated American medical tourists for complications including infection, contour abnormalities, and hematoma.

It is best to meet with them in person if possible. It is best to go with a doctor you feel the most comfortable with, and if you still are undecided on choosing a doctor then you should also consider the following...
- years of experience
- seeing photos of actual patients that had the same procedure
- speaking with actual patients that have undergone the same procedures

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD