Can overall width of nose still change at this point (NOT just tip)? (photos)

I had a rhinoplasty 18 days ago. I can see that I will have succeeded in getting a tip to my nose after this surgery (Didn't have one before), but my question in this: There is NO change at all in the OVERALL width of my nose (from outside of left nostril to outside right). Is that something that I should notice by now at least somewhat? I'm worried that my overall width is not going to be any narrower. As swelling on the tip continues to go down, will the outside of my nose come in some?

You will still be wider at this early stage due to swelling - by 4-6 months you will have more of an idea - if you have had a large bump removed from your nose you may end up slightly wider front on than pre-op even if the bones are moved inwards

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 weeks after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for the question. The change in width depends on what your surgeon did during the procedure. Hard to tell this early anyway but discuss it with your surgeon and they should be able to advise you. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon