Is there a time frame required to wait after having sclerotherapty to have Tummy Tuck and/or breast implants?

Time Between a Major Surgery and Cosmetic Procedures

The time between having electoral #cosmetic surgery after a major surgery depends on the surgery. Its best to consult with the surgeon or specialist you recently had the major surgery with to gain perspective as to when cosmetic surgery can be scheduled. 

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation

Scheduling

I would recommend that you wait at least a month before scheduling any cosmetic surgery. However, consult with your surgeon as he or she has seen you in person and knows how you are healing from the sclerotherapy. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

No studies available

If you have no complications from sclerotherapy  one week after the procedure is done, you should not have any problems with a major surgery. However it will be common sense, not to perform any procedures like sclerotherapy for at least 1 month before or after any major surgery, just because of the risks ( small) of open wounds. Personally, I would not perform any major procedure, specially with implants, in a patient with open wounds.
Be sure you seek the help of a board certified Plastic Surgeon, preferably a member of the ASAPS.

Victor M. Perez, MD, FACS
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Sclerotherapy and a tummy tuck with breast implants

Thank you for asking about your sclerotherapy and your mommy make-over.

• Because sclerotherapy causes superficial vein inflammation, I would recommend that you not have sclerotherapy for 2 weeks before major surgery or for 3 weeks after.
  • This is not based on research - just common sense.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

No time interval required between sclerotherapy mommy makeover.

I don't believe any time interval and all would be required between sclerotherapy and elective cosmetic surgery. If a complication from sclerotherapy such as an open wound occurred this might influence the decision of the surgeon.

Mommy Makeover - Need to wait following sclerotherapy?

Thank you for your question. There is no required time to wait for tummy tuck or breast implant surgery following sclerotherapy treatment. It is important for you to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast and body contouring procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps and good luck!

Thank you for your question.  You do not need to wait any specific amount of time after undergoing sclerotherapy to have a tummy tuck and/or breast implants.