Will Smart Liposuction remove stomach crease and smooth skin? (Photo)

I had a TT in 2012 followed by a surprise C-section birth in 2013!! Long story short I now have a center crease from my upper abdomen to my belly button & I don't have that beautiful smooth stomach I had after my TT. My surgeon suggested smart lipo. In your opinion will that correct my issues to make my belly button more visible, crease diminished, and smooth out my skin?

Liposuction may improve it, but a tummy tuck revision might give you better results as it can tighten the loosen skin. I would suggest discussing all your options with your doctor.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo expectations

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, I do not think Smartlipo will give you the improvement you are hoping for. You simply have too much excess skin in the vertical plane. To improve this, you would need to trade that for a vertical scar, but the contour would be much better. Most of our patients who choose this end up very happy, and not bothered by the scar very much. I would ask your surgeon. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

This needs a revision tummy tuck with liposuction. I suggest you see an expert in body shaping and contouring like VASER 4D HI DEF procedures.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Excess skin & SmartLipo

Thank you for your question, I do not think you are a candidate for Smartlipo unfortunately. The excess skin in the form it is in would require a revision tummy tuck it looks like. Smart lipo would be great in combination. This would need to assessed in person. ultimately. I suggest a consultation with a cosmetic surgeon who can offer VASER Hi Def and a Plastic surgeon for revision who can work as a team. Best Regards, Dr. Berger

Andre Berger, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Smart Lipo is a waste of time and money for your problem

If your belly looks better when you pull the skin down and out, then you need surgery to pull the skin down and out. A tummy tuck revision would do the job quite effectively and wouldn't require muscle tightening or umbilical work. The outer portions of the scar could be redone to improve the appearance. The center could be redone superficially to eliminate the pooch. These types of revisions are done on the superficial layers of the abdominal wall and don't require a big painful recovery. Smart lipo won't address any of this. It doesn't make wrinkled skin smooth any more than your microwave smooths out a strip of wrinkled bacon.