Is there a procedure that can be categorized as Partial Lower Body Lift?

I had a tummy tuck 16 years ago and I am still happy with it. I have extra skin around my sides and back. I have had a couple consults that recommend a lower body lift for $8,500 +. To my understanding, a lower body lift requires an incision all away around the body to tighten tummy as well? My consult the docs say would start where tummy tuck incision ends and just lift up the sides and backside. I am just wondering if there is no tummy tightening is this a correct price? Photos attached.

Partial lower body lift

It is possible to just do a portion of a lower body lift in the circumstance of a prior tummy tuck, as you describe.  I have done this several times over the years, and it indeed addresses the excess tissue around the hips and back.  In my experience, I almost always need to re-open the side portions of the tummy tuck scar to make everything blend well.  I would also mention that frequently in this circumstance, if the tummy tuck was done several years before and if you have had further weight loss, you may get a more optimal result by having your plastic surgeon re-do the tummy tuck at the same time.  Best wishes for a beautiful result!

Posterior lower body lift

For patients that have had a previous tummy tuck, a posterior body lift (lateral thigh and buttock lift) can be performed to correct the areas your appear to be concerned with. These incisions will connect with your previous tummy tuck incision. The price you were quoted does seem reasonable.

Joseph Michaels, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Partial lower body lift possible?

Thank you for asking about your partial lower body lift - often called a back lift.
  • Your photos aren't showing up but if your tummy tuck has held up well but the sides and the back need lifting, this is called a lower back lift.
  • A tummy tuck + lower back lift = lower body lift.
  • But it is perfectly fine to call it a partial lower body lift instead.
  • The price seems reasonable for a lower back lift - depending on what needs to be done.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Yes, the term "Lower Body Lift" includes a TT, but since you have already had that, you will only need the sides and back tightened like your surgeon told you. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Partial Lower Body Lift

There is not technically such a procedure. You would be having a hip and buttock lift. This may or may not include the inner thighs. I could not comment on cost without knowing what was recommended.

Hola mucho gusto soy el doctor Franklin de Jesus

El procedimiento de elevación de la parte baja del cuerpo y especialmente de los nombres flancoabdominoplastia tronco de TI. Este procedimiento está indicado en pacientes que han tenido una ponderal pérdida de peso de una manera rápida y que, por tanto, que tradicionalmente no puede haber exceso de piel cayendo en la parte anterior y baja del abdomen lateralmente y en la espalda baja. A través de este procedimiento, es posible reducir de manera considerable la cintura en haber llevado cerca de la musculatura central del abdomen como también retirar el exceso de piel lateral.

Ahora bien, lo interesante es tener la oportunidad de visualizar imágenes (al corriente de la foto, uno de lado, uno de ida y otro que está sentado al día) para realizar una evaluación del punto de vista físico como la de establecer un mas del diagnóstico con precisión y de planear la colocación y extensión del futuro scar.Att. El Dr. Franklin de Jesús.

Franklin De Jesus, MD

Prices vary....

Thanks for your question. The description of the procedure recommended sounds right to me and it's probably what I would do. As far as price, it varies from practice to practice, but the number mentioned sounds reasonable to me. As a side note, ever since Congress passed the Affordable Care Act, it seems to me that costs and prices for plastic surgery have gone straight up and become less affordable. Best wishes always, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD