My implant feels like it is folded and coming through near my areola.

Old implants replaced in October of 2013. Left implant had ruptured and had to be scooped out. It didn't hold well and had more surgery February 2014 to put it back in place and reinforce under it with multiple stitches NO MESH! It is smaller and hangs lower than other. Right one now seems to be folded and misshaped close to areola. When I lightly push in, it moves and feels like a round bubble. I didn't sleep on my side until I was over 6 months post op.

Replacing Ruptured Breast Implants

#Ruptured #implants can and should be replaced. You will have to consult with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your best options and desired expectations. Depending on the size of implant, you choose the #pocket may need an adjustment and a lift may be necessary; to better #support the new implant. Additionally, a mesh for further support may be helpful depending on the #implant size and skin #elasticity. It's best that your procedures should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, lessen the chance of needing additional revision surgeries. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Implant folded

Dear lilunhappy,
Thank you for your question. Without a face-to-face consultation it is impossible to give you anything more than generalities. You really need to discuss this with several board certified plastic surgeons who are well versed in revision breast surgery.
In short, I surmise that because of the implant rupture and having had to have it "scooped out", this removal of implant and scar tissue has left your breast quite thin making it easy to feel your implant. Also, if the pocket is not perfect, the implant will have a tendency to ripple and fold. There are several options that may be able to improve your situation including using an ADM membrane (like Alloderm) or a mesh (like Seri) to provide support and/or cover over your implant or implants of different profile/shape. Best wishes, this can be a difficult problem.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon