Implants look not round today. Should I be concerned? (Photo)

I am days post op (surgery was July 1). I started with literally no breast tissue, totally flat chested and received 275 cc allergan inspira (gummy bear silicone ) under the muscle. Today, they aren't looking very round. Inner bottom in particular. Photo attached. They have looked round prior to today. Should I be concerned?

Breast augmentation postoperative recovery

It takes time till the implants settle. Usually at 48 hours you experience the most swelling. See your plastic surgeon at your follow up. You are going to be OK. Good luck...

Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Concerned

Thank you for your question and providing photos.  I don't think you should be concerned at this time.  I tell all my patients that it take 4-5 months for implants to fully settle and all your swelling to resolve.  I would be patient at this point in time as this will change, best of luck!

Nope

You should not be concerned. They always look strange in the beginning. It can take 3 to 6 months to settle and then one will settle. A month later, the other will settle.

Good Luck

Implants look not round today. Should I be concerned?

Thank you for your question.  Especially in the first few weeks of recovery this is very normal.  It can take 3-6 months for the swelling to completely subside and the implants to soften.  Continue to follow protocol and instructions given to you by your doctor and you should see good results.  

Best of luck to you!

If you would like more information regarding breast augmentation and the recovery process you can download a free copy of my Breast Augmentation Planner at ABetterBreast.com.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Healing after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos. It is very early in the healing process and too early to judge the final result. It does appear that the lower/middle portion of the breasts appears less rounded. Be sure to bring up your concerns with your plastic surgeon at your follow up visit. Best, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, as in your case, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.